Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic. Periodically when the engine is hot when I come to a stop the bike is idling too fast.
Doesn't matter what u do. example: twisting the handle bars side to side, twisting the throttle towards the OFF position, or revving the throttle has no affect on returning the bike to the correct lower idle RPM's. If I just stop and let if idle fast eventually it returns to the correct idle RPM's. Takes from a few seconds to 10 minutes for this to happen. Done this for over a year. Bike is completely stock. (no tuners) Any suggestions to what is going on ??

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Has done it since I bought it. About every 7 months or so. When it starts doing it I clean the K&N air filter and clean the throttle body with spray cleaner while it is running and it is good to go for a while again. I also think it depends on where I get gas also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have had the engine run up at times and if I stopped and shut off the engine and set a few minutes it would be alright when started back up is that a computer problem or throttle body sticking and what spray do you use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haven't done anything yet. was told I might have a vacuum leak which would increase more air and make it idle at a higher RPM. haven't used any spray yet. it is odd other bikes are doing the same thing as mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts