Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have run into a problem. I have an 06 1500 and I bought a Reckless faring and when it arrived I was wondering where the mounting brackets were…. I called up Reckless and their customer service left a little to be desired. They were surprised I didn’t already have brackets and said I would need to purchase them and offered no help or direction.

OK live and learn… I went to a local dealer and they had trouble locating some brackets … bla bla bla, the ones they ordered don’t seem to want to fit and I can’t find any mounting instructions anywhere. The only thing I can think of is taking the faring and the bike up to Coleman Powersports (largest metric dealer in the northern Virginia area) and leave the bike and faring and ask them to put it together for me…..

Seems the expensive way to go but that’s about all I can think of….. Anyone else have ideas?

Looking around the Websites are too confusing to me..

·
Registered
436 Posts
With that kind of service I'd be inclined to return everything, but if you don't want to do that, I'd probably elevate your issue with Reckless until you get someone on the phone that can help you. Obviously a fairing needs brackets to attache to the bike so what you're asking for shouldn't surprise them at all. You would think they'd have a bracket kit that goes for your specific model bike. Maybe you could take some pictures of the brackets you have and show how they don't fit your bike and send that to them. It sucks when you spend good money on stuff just to get lousy service after that sale. Good luck and keep us posted on how it ends up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to recant my rant.

There were several issues and appears to be mostly on my end, 1/2 was my believing the sales girl at Reckless.... the other 1/2 was my own stupidity.

When I was told I would need this "Bracket" it is my fault to think the sales girl knew what she was talking about.... but in hind sight how is she expected to know every single model of every single brand of bike they deal with.... she was giving me the most common answer for all the bikes they deal with in general.

2nd I'm an idiot!!!! I had all the parts from the beginning.... When I tried putting it all together when I first got the faring to see what I would need I was doing it wrong and the fairing was not fitting properly (that's why I thought the magic bracket that didn't exist would help). My lovely wife sat down with the parts and had it all figured out in about 4 hours.

It is a fine product, it always looked like quality... I just couldn't figure out how the damn thing fit on the bike..... I guess you just need to be smarter than the product... which clearly I am not.

I'm going to go stick my head back in the sand now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't beat yourself up too bad. We've all had a 'DOH!' moment every once in a while. How about pics and a quick review of the fairing? At some point I'm going to get a fairing and real world opinions help immensely.

Vulkid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts