Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a fairing with a radio on there nomad?? I would like to see pics and what brand/model number it is.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Put a Reckless on both my classic, then moved to a buddies classic....same front end as the Nomads.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've thought about it, and have talked with Reckless, they are located in Tennesse, they make a nice product, i would probably go with them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reckless is the one I am thinking about. It sure would be nice to see some pics of it on a nomad 1700.
Going to look at a voyager tomorrow. Dealer said 5900 plus my 2011 nomad for a new 2015 voyager its pretty temping.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I ordered a Hoppe Industries Quadzilla fairing for my 2011 Nomad. It mounts using the stock windshield mounts. 180W of music through 4 5" speakers is gonna be SWEET!
I shall upload and post pics as soon as it comes in and I mount it to Celestia.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great I am looking forward to seeing the pics
My new Hoppe Industries Quadzilla fairing came in today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahk_ZPakcE

Wiring it in and mounting was pretty simple, though I should have hooked up the remote to the fairing before mounting.
Turns out to be a job best done with three sets of hands. Cause you're gonna want someone holding up the fuel tank while you route the power cable under it. Then you want two people holding the fairing in position as you bolt it into place. But once all that is done...

All that was left was mounting the windshield to the fairing, and mounting the remote to the right handlebar switch. (Actually, it mounts to the mirror mount on the brake assembly, but who gives a $#!& about minor details like that lol) Looks bloody good, and sounds excellent. (photo taken before mounting the remote)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Son has a Reckless as well was on his 09 when he bought it. It has the 6x9's and a rockford fosgate amp installed. Looks good and sounds good.
Only thing I noticed is the fit between the inner and outer fairing halves was not great.

Gary

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fairing looks pretty good. Any plans of painting it the same color of the bike?. My bike is the color as yours.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The fairing looks pretty good. Any plans of painting it the same color of the bike?. My bike is the color as yours.
Actually, I plan on giving the bike a whole new paint job down the road, after I score a Voyager trunk for it. Going with a white color... a metallic white color I saw on an Indian Chieftan. Freakin gorgeous color, and I think Celestia would look beautiful done up that way, especially if I can get the seats/backrests redone in a tan leather, and get the dash portion of the fairing done up in a wood finish.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you have a plan. It should be a good looking bike when your done. Where do they hide the radio antenna??

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like you have a plan. It should be a good looking bike when your done. Where do they hide the radio antenna??
The antenna is inside the fairing. Still picks up the radio stations at least as well as the Alpine stereo installed in my truck.

Considering that I want to eventually mount a Voyager trunk to Celestia, I was thinking that if I was able to find a compact enough CB, I could replace the radio antenna on the Voyager trunk with a CB antenna.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gave up on adding to my nomad and bought this instead. It fixed every issue I had with my nomad. It runs well. All smiles for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

I bought it about a week ago have stuck about 400 miles on it. The bike is a 2013 electra glide classic. The previous owner put the bars on, cams, 2 into 1 exhaust, power commander v, ported and polished the heads and a few more things. Its dyno was 114hp and 112lbs of torque. So far I am glad I made the switch.

The nomad was a good bike but I had a few issues with it. Also I decide I wanted a fairing and radio. After comparing the electra glide to the voyager. I felt the electra glide was a better choice for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Never rode on bike with fairing, does it give better wind protection?
Is it quieter than with windshield?
Can music be heard if it is not way too loud? I don't want to be rolling rock concert :)
What about rain (I feel this one definitely dumb question) - can it be left in the rain without cover?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Never rode on bike with fairing, does it give better wind protection?
The Quadzilla with the 10" windshield gives comparable wind protection compared to the stock Nomad windshield. One big difference I have noticed between the two is that the Quadzilla seems more stable in turbulent air, such as when passing a semi on the highway.

Is it quieter than with windshield?
As far as wind noise goes, they seem about equal to me. Then again, the stock Nomad windshield seems pretty good as far as windshields go.

Can music be heard if it is not way too loud? I don't want to be rolling rock concert :)
180 Watts is pretty loud, so being able to hear the music will not be a problem. The only time you really need it loud is when going down the highway. 180 Watts works fine. Crazy /b/tards like myself will always want MOAR though lol

What about rain (I feel this one definitely dumb question) - can it be left in the rain without cover?
The bike has sat through, and been ridden through, the worst downpours imaginable. Hoppe Industries uses all marine grade components. Seriously, you could chuck the bike in the river, and the radio will be fine. (the rest of the bike... probably not so good)

·
Registered
388 Posts
So, it's all about adding sound? (And changing look - nice bike btw)
Why no handlebar mount system, like cyclesounds?
Well, if they can get a handlebar mounted sound system to be as loud as the fairing mounted systems, then thats a good thing. I had a 70W amp and a pair of speakers mounted to my V-Max. Was all custom made mountings too. There are companies out there that make bar mounted speakers, and some even come with a built in amp.

I wanted a full stereo system, as in radio, as well as XM and Cirrus radio, and auxiliary ports for playing my iPod or mp3's from a USB drive. Only thing my stereo on my bike does not have is a CD player, and I did not want one of those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts