Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I red somewere that somebody put a Harley Fairing on his V2K. I plan to do it vor my 2005 V2k. I like to take the fairing from Harley because of the inner fairing what I can use.

So now my question. Who can give me informations about it? Who did it? Which Harley fairing to use? Which modification needed? May can help me to do it? :confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
fairing

Hello

I red somewere that somebody put a Harley Fairing on his V2K. I plan to do it vor my 2005 V2k. I like to take the fairing from Harley because of the inner fairing what I can use.

So now my question. Who can give me informations about it? Who did it? Which Harley fairing to use? Which modification needed? May can help me to do it? :confused:
Im pretty sure that Poncho Villa , has a HD fairing on his bike. It looks good too. I think he reffered to it as" whores lipstick red "?? LOL
Im sure he will respond to your question. He is a very active/informative participant on this forum.
I agree that the inner fairing on the HD , finishes it off nicely. I covered up that "blank unfinished void" on the inner side of my Memphis Shades Bat Wing by hiding it behind a windshield tri pouch which I mounted a couple of inches lower than its supposed to be ?? works for me!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
kaiser, you'v got the v2k w/the spider bug eye headlamp. thars the problem. most batwing fairings are made to fit over conventional bucket type headlights. Not to say it cant be done. you just have your work cut out for you to fit it.

Here is the harley stuff I morphed to the beast. I had it on my RoadStar first then moved it to the RedBear'n. www.chicagoharley.com parts are 20% off list and no tax(yet). I paid just under $500 for the front, rear clam shell halves, 5" dark windshield and integrated mirrors. It is raw black ge lexan, good looking but might want to paint it?

I blanked off most all the openings. dont need more gizmos. prefer to take all the stuffins off my skoots (I like em more nekid) as most folks like to load em up with all kinds of shiney blingy crapola. but hey, who's skoot is it anyways?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kaiser, you'v got the v2k w/the spider bug eye headlamp. thars the problem. most batwing fairings are made to fit over conventional bucket type headlights. Not to say it cant be done. you just have your work cut out for you to fit it.

Here is the harley stuff I morphed to the beast. I had it on my RoadStar first then moved it to the RedBear'n. www.chicagoharley.com parts are 20% off list and no tax(yet). I paid just under $500 for the front, rear clam shell halves, 5" dark windshield and integrated mirrors. It is raw black ge lexan, good looking but might want to paint it?

I blanked off most all the openings. dont need more gizmos. prefer to take all the stuffins off my skoots (I like em more nekid) as most folks like to load em up with all kinds of shiney blingy crapola. but hey, who's skoot is it anyways?
Many thanks for the info. sounds like a big surgerie. Where do you live? may you are willing to give me a hand? :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Many thanks for the info. sounds like a big surgerie. Where do you live? may you are willing to give me a hand? :D
og, no job is too big if you make up your mind to do it.
I am closer to the equator than you are to the north pole. I would recommend a trip south for you, before I would ever consider going north this time of year. Actually am about 200 miles north of the RioGrande.. you know America's 3rd war zone. I would be happy to help you spend your money and cut up your modifications to fit. Let me know when to expect a visitor. out, ponch

·
Registered
215 Posts
Poncho that is why I don't have a fairing yet with all them empty bezel holes I would have to fill with something and that is more money. Dang the trike would look sexy with a fairing tho. Dang it .....

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
if you dont want to do a thing... one excuse is as good as the next

Poncho that is why I don't have a fairing yet with all them empty bezel holes I would have to fill with something and that is more money. Dang the trike would look sexy with a fairing tho. Dang it .....
sexy,..? consider filling them holes w/pix of yor kiddos.. or maybe the pooch n wifey? reasons for keeping yor dang eyes on the road and not admiring all the shiney blingy stuff.

if'n you just had to cuz you got no good pics... draw yer a taco n speedo, maybe even some oil n gas dial doohickies an jus stick em in there.

am I taking away all your excuses for not doing what you want? just do it. the rest will 'ventually fall in or fall out... or fall off. out, ponch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts