Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been doing some investigating into what is out there for aftermarket fairings. My ride is a 2009 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

At this point I see there are a couple of choices, the Tsukayu and Memphis Shade options are both basically what i am looking for. I am not looking to add a stereo or anything like that, its more for the look as i like how it finishes the bike off, more so than my windshield.

Any comments from forum users good and bad would be greatly appreciated, as it is a somewhat big investment, and i don't want something that is going to be annoying me as i cruise down the highway. I do ride on the highway at speeds of 100 Kph quite often, so the quality matters. Being in Canada i need to do the research first, since most products come from the USA and freight and brokerage costs tend to add up.

Any input is appreciated!!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Have the memphis can c it in my garage,can cruise at 80 all day w barely any buffeting,wear a 1/2 helmet w glasses,no probs,bought a full oem nomad shield couple years ago. still hanging in my garage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that is exactly what i am after. For the money it looks like a good deal. You bought the custom brackets for the nomad? Install was pretty basic?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Bought it w the memphis,brackets look to be quick release,was going too take it off and put the shield
on but love that faring,can get into more if you want some info,memphis 7032 w 9in shield

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
will look at it closer tomorrow and pm ya,believe I had this bike goin on 4 years and never really looked at the brackets or mounting points?Works great tho and the pouches r handy,know these faring
are not too expensive and are def worth it,imo

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for that information. Interesting that it uses my factory windshield mount instead of having to purchase alternative brackets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just received email back from The UStrailer store...they do not ship to Canada. Thanks for your input tho, it was appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So after calling Memphis, they told me none of their products bolt directly to any factory hardware, and that I need to purchase a set of brackets as well. Thought i would pass that along in case anyone was also curious.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts