Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a fairing on my '11 custom to be able to have some music and a bit of deflection of the rains here in Hawaii while running up and down the roads. I thought about a batwing and then adding the sound system. Anyone know of a set up ready for mounting on the 900? Any input or experience with this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Here is a link to a previous thread regarding the batwings for a custom.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19853

Regular batwings do not fit as the custom has a smaller headlight than the classic.

There is no liner available for audio installation for this fairing. The only available audio system is "hogtunes" which will fit the batwing or a "shark" audio system which attachés to the handlebars. While hogtunes is a award winning product, i have no idea or comment in regards to the shark system.

cheers Maurice

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I've got the Shark system and love it. We used it yesterday at a ride while we waited for it to start and you could hear it from 50yards away.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Tsukayu makes some fairings with radios already in them. Corbin makes one without a radio. Other companies out there make them like Reckless and Wide Open Customs but I don't think they make one that fits the 900 without some work. You could always adapt a Harley fairing if you have the time and patience.

For the Memphis Shades, like whiting said, there is no liner available. You could make or adapt one yourself but that's it. You can get the Hogtunes MSA-1 which attaches using the windshield bolts. The Shark systems are cheap but you get what you pay for. I had one for a while. Paid $50 for it and sold it for $30. Right before I sold it I made brackets that used the outside windshield bolts to hold it in place and tucked the speakers inside the outer edges of the fairing.

So there are some different options, but to get better presentation and quality you'll have to pay for it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I molded fiberglass pods to mount on mine with 150 watt marine speakers, louder and clearer than handler bar mounted jobs 70+ mph and I can still hear it!

I'm going to redesigne them and put in 6x9's probably this winter.

M

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Here is a link to a previous thread regarding the batwings for a custom.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19853

Regular batwings do not fit as the custom has a smaller headlight than the classic.

There is no liner available for audio installation for this fairing. The only available audio system is "hogtunes" which will fit the batwing or a "shark" audio system which attachés to the handlebars. While hogtunes is a award winning product, i have no idea or comment in regards to the shark system.

cheers Maurice
The regular Memphis Shades fairing fits just fine...the headlight just sits slightly under the fairing (I actually prefer the look). They also now make a fairing with a smaller opening specifically for the 900 Custom.

Here's mine with the regular Memphis Shades fairing...

Here's the link to the application chart, you'll see the 900 Custom listed.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
The regular Memphis Shades fairing fits just fine...the headlight just sits slightly under the fairing (I actually prefer the look).
All comes down to personal preference, I dont even like the batwing overhang on my classic, i fixed that with a headlight brow.

Any batwing can be adapted to fit the custom, but somewhere, there is a point where function meets form.

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". (and that of who is paying for it.)

the classic ...

the custom ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts