Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search for a fairing for my 2004 Vn2000. It has the monster Nacelle Headlight. Not looking to spend a fortune. I have heard HD fairings can be modified. Looking for the outer and inner shell so I can install a radio and speakers. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
You aren't going to find anything that fits the Nacelle. The only VN2K with a Nacelle and fairing had the Nacelle cut to crap. The HD fairing will fit around the regular non-Nacelle headlight, from what I have heard. Poncho should be able to chime in, since it was him (IIRC) who had it done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The corbin one is just the outer shell. The biggest thing you need to look for is one to fit a 9" diamater head light, standard headlights for just about everyother bike is 7".

Also keep in mind you will most likely have to relocate your ignition key switch or go keyless if you want one with the inner faring.

I have done the same searches and came up empty thought i could buy one and modify it, but really dont like any. I have said i would just make my own but money has been tight and other things have come up so i have not started on that project. Plus i have been doing alot of research into air flows and such i would hate to make/buy this thing and it be like riding behind a blender. HD has a new design with a vent that runs air up the back of the faring windshield to push the air coming over the front up higher an create a more laminar flow.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
You aren't going to find anything that fits the Nacelle. The only VN2K with a Nacelle and fairing had the Nacelle cut to crap. The HD fairing will fit around the regular non-Nacelle headlight, from what I have heard. Poncho should be able to chime in, since it was him (IIRC) who had it done.
even the redbear'n had a season of over bear'ing krap

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
even the redbear'n had a season of over bear'ing krap
Everytime I see that, I really like it. Can you refresh my memory as to which version that is?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Everytime I see that, I really like it. Can you refresh my memory as to which version that is?
This rev 1 version of the RedBear'n is what I call the Big Red One..

It sports a hardley batwing I did some custom fab to fit this sled.
Those Dumbo Bags are Jumbo tsunami-teriyaki (sp) fibreglass.
Other than that it has my custom lowered front n bak. Brake relocate and all other ponch morfications inclusive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts