Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of the small bags part number K53000-274 to snap into the inside of my factory saddlebags. Kawasaki says they will fit. I do not see a place in my bags to snap them in. Does anyone else have this bag? Can someone tell me what I am missing? Thank you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Inside the saddle bag on the same side as the outer snaps there should be the other half of the snaps for the little bag.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a bunch of reading around on another forum and Facebook, it turns out were not meant for my bags. I was determined to make them work somehow. After some thinking, I found an old license plate at my moms which I cut strips out of. I drilled two holes in each strip, the top hole to go over the mounting stud for the saddlebag and the bottom hole just big enough for a snap that I got at the local ACE Hardware. I test fit everything and then painted the strips black and put in the bags. Total cost (other then the bags) was about $5 for the snaps.

The snaps I used

Finished product:

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Looks good man. I find it so satisfying when I go to do something that is supposed to work and doesn't and find a way to make it work. Gives me a sense of accomplishment. I'm actually working on retrofitting the windshield from my 05 800 classic to fit onto my 08 900 custom. If it works, saves me much $$$ LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Way to go. I see you mounted it on the opposite side, at least you've got some place to put your docs now or what ever you want. I may get one for my other saddle bag to keep smaller items in.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way to go. I see you mounted it on the opposite side, at least you've got some place to put your docs now or what ever you want. I may get one for my other saddle bag to keep smaller items in.
So the bags these are meant for have the snaps on the opposite side of the bag? Interesting. I do have the pouches in both bags. Not sure what I am going to put in them yet, but I like to be prepared.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I keep my manual, registration and insurance card in a zip lock baggie in mine and it's almost invisible. Spare bulbs, fuses and zip ties will go in the other one. Not sure why your bags didn't come with the snaps? Are they for a later model perhaps?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep my manual, registration and insurance card in a zip lock baggie in mine and it's almost invisible. Spare bulbs, fuses and zip ties will go in the other one. Not sure why your bags didn't come with the snaps? Are they for a later model perhaps?
I do not know if they are for a later model or not. They were on the bike when I got it. I just thought they were the stock LT bags. I do plan on having extra bulbs and fuses at the least with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts