Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the factory adjusts the shock at #4. I would like to adjust it up a bit
,but, I have a hard time putting in a light bulb. Is it a big deal to remove the
side panel ,and, get at the shock? Then to adjust it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The higher you go the harder it gets with the cheap wrenches that like to bend. Spray some lube on the cam to help.The cheap wood lift @ the top of the page helps with this too by getting some weight of it. Once you have the lift it comes in handy from cleaning to adding oil.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A spanner wrench for this adjustment is provided in the toolkit under the seat. In addition to removing the side panel, you need to remove the reservoir tank cover and the reservoir tank. The procedure is described in the Owner's Manual under Maintenance and Adjustment.

Here's a link to the Kawi Owner's PDF.
http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1600&lang_code=EN

If for some reason the link doesn't work, you can access the manual from the Kawasaki website and the link on the left side of the page for Owner Info.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not even close to being mechanically inclined and I was able to pull it off without much difficulty. I took a cell phone pic after removing the reservoir tank cover to make sure I positioned the hose correctly when re-installing the reservoir tank. A lot of guys have mentioned banging their knuckles when the wrench slipped, but I didn't have that problem. I wish I had seen xcbullet's comment before I did mine. It is tough to move with weight on it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts