Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what changed, but starting sometime yesterday the site started to load extremely slow for me. Any page I load (including thread pages, switching boards,etc) the sponsors sidebar loads about one ad every half second, so it's a total of about 3-5 seconds of loading the sidebar and then everything else pops in. That never happened before for me and it's very annoying. Any page I navigate to ends up taking 5+ seconds to load when I'm on broadband and was able to load any page in under half a second before yesterday.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Is the issue still persisting or is it working faster now?

If it's still slow, are other websites doing the same?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm a web designer myself actually. No I haven't added anything, and no it isn't happening anywhere else. It's specifically happening in a 'loop' fashion when the sponsors and left side ads are displayed. It flickers and flashes as the sponsor images are loaded one by one.

It feels like, to me, that there is a loop going on that is running new HTTP requests for each ad (through an adservice I'm sure). It feels like that is delaying the rest of the page loading. It's loading 'synchronously' instead of 'asynchronously'. It prevents data from the rest of the site from loading while it cycles through trying to load all the sponsors and ads. If it was loading asynchronously, it would load everything at once and the ads would show up when they're downloaded.

Not sure what to make of it.

I'm running on Chrome. The issue persists on Firefox as well. My scriptblocker was active on firefox when I loaded up the site. Everything displayed correctly and quickly, except the ads which had a logo that said "FUGGIN"? Once I disabled scriptblocker for the site and reloaded it did the same 0.5s loading time for each sponsor and ad on the left, then proceeded to display the rest of the ads.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've put up a video showing what's happening. It is slightly slower in the video than it is in real life because my Mac was having to record at the same time, but it's only about 10% slower than the usual page load time.

Here (give it a few minutes to finish processing on youtube):

http://youtu.be/_ov5L9XCAHQ

I'm very certain I don't have Malware running. It's only your ads that are affecting it, and it's only on your site. With scripts blocked, it works fine. I believe the problem lies in multiple HTTP requests and the use of flash ads, which can be pretty heavy to load at times.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Truly wild. I'm using Chrome, on a Mac, and can't replicate the issue. Hope one of the guys 'up the ladder' can figure it out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just thought that this is the way this forum works. It has always loaded slowly for me, even going between pages in a thread. Granted, I have only been on the forum about a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts