Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put some extra brake lights in my saddlebags.Have seen some older posts about this topic, but curious to see what the latest technology and recommendations might be. Mini tombstone lights and LED strips seem to be suggested a lot. Any suggestions for wiring etc-that always gives me nightmares. Is there a "box" under the rear fender of an 06 Nomad,which allows for wiring to brake light ? what colour wire would the brake light be.
Thanks all

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, there are plenty of small LED lamps out there so just pick some that suit where you want to fit them. The wire colours are blue for brake light and black/yellow for ground. If you use LED lamps then you won't need to use a relay as they draw so little current. You could connect in the rear lamp or there is a 5 way plug for the rear fender under the seat near the battery.

Hope this helps

Radar

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Radar-on the lookout for a suitable LED strip to use for running/brake light.
cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
the bags are from mutazu and there are plenty of them on ebay. the lights are included so you can just t-splice them into any wire, brake or running. I bought the LED strips at Wal-mart and they just stick on and i ties the two wires from each strip and ran it to the reac acc under the seat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts