Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that washers and longer bolts can be used to extend out the footpeg brackets. I am thinking about this to compensate for .5 inch of hypercharger sticking out more than OEM airfilter box. As my legs are short, reaching the rear break means pidgeon toeing... which is not very comfortable.

Has anyone done this? I am thinking about using .5 inches worth of washers... which would move the breaks and foot peg by .5 inch. I will likely do both sides to stay even.

Is it simple as just unbolting the two bolts on each side? Do i need to worry about any connector, cables, clutch rod etc?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I read somewhere that washers and longer bolts can be used to extend out the footpeg brackets. I am thinking about this to compensate for .5 inch of hypercharger sticking out more than OEM airfilter box. As my legs are short, reaching the rear break means pidgeon toeing... which is not very comfortable.

Has anyone done this? I am thinking about using .5 inches worth of washers... which would move the breaks and foot peg by .5 inch. I will likely do both sides to stay even.

Is it simple as just unbolting the two bolts on each side? Do i need to worry about any connector, cables, clutch rod etc?

Thanks in advance.
It is as simple as removing the bolts, put spacers behind, and replace with longer bolts. Although, if you go too far you will need to space out the rear brake reservoir as well. I spaced mine out about an inch without having to worry about the reservoir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts