Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
there is a guy on the other website that makes them. Grumpywirth, if memory serves.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Candyman is correct, another forum has a legend of a man named Grumpywirth. He makes extensions for the stock controls. It is basicly an unbolt, add in, rebolt and go set up. Takes about thirty minutes to do. It moves the controls 2 inches forward, which is alot to us long legged riders. He has been discused on this forum, but unfortunatly he is not a member.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep. Grumpywirth is the way to go. Got my set from him this winter and love it. It is a bolt-on set with 2" extension, which matters to the long-legged types. [email protected] is where you can find him, for starters.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i bought some tech glide forwards on friday, ill post pics after i put them on. They move the controls 4 inches forward. Kury swing wings will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I checked out the tech glide controls, along with others, but...pricey is the only word that comes to mind. I'll have to save for a while for a move like that. The grumpywirth extensions were a good option, especially for the price.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I checked out the tech glide controls, along with others, but...pricey is the only word that comes to mind. I'll have to save for a while for a move like that. The grumpywirth extensions were a good option, especially for the price.
so you got the grumpywirth's? i got them for 350 shipped which is still pretty crazy for some metal! post some pics of the grumpy's i havent seen them yet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a thread with a couple pics showing how far they move forward. For the price, they are well worth it. I was surprised how cheap they were, and how easily they installed. I am also thinking about adding the swing wings. I've heard good things about them.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13193

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
The gear shifter was set that way by me. In the Grumpywirth set up, you add in an extension to the shifter arm and set things up the way you would like it. I have a habit of riding with my toe under the shifter and kind of like the tighter fit while on long rides. Shifting feels just as good as stock.

I will keep an eye out in the forsale thread Bigsarge2012. How do you like the swing wings, are you changing things up or unhappy with them? (Never mind that last question, I just remembered you were getting that new set up.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also appreciated being able to set things the way I wanted them, and for a third of the cost (or less) of some of the other extension kits, it did the job for me. I too am looking into the swing wing style pegs for just a bit more extension. Always looking for more, for less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts