Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2013 Voyager that I bought used. It came with a wndscreen way to high, I was looking through it rather than over it. I have it cut and sanded down to an optimal height. I now look over it comfortably and it protects me from the wind. However, at highway speeds I get this annoying buffeting right at the top of my helmet. Is not extreme but t is there to annoy.
Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do? I'm thinking that some kind of adjustable windscreen extension is what's needed, but maybe there is a simpler and cheaper solution out there.
I don't want to buy a new windscreen if possible.
Please send me your suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2013 Voyager that I bought used. It came with a wndscreen way to high, I was looking through it rather than over it. I have it cut and sanded down to an optimal height. I now look over it comfortably and it protects me from the wind. However, at highway speeds I get this annoying buffeting right at the top of my helmet. Is not extreme but t is there to annoy.
Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do? I'm thinking that some kind of adjustable windscreen extension is what's needed, but maybe there is a simpler and cheaper solution out there.
I don't want to buy a new windscreen if possible.
Please send me your suggestions.
Thanks
It sounds like you may have cut it down a bit too far. I dont know which windshield your bike came with but mine has the stock shield which is pretty high. I am 6'6" and get no buffeting at all

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I may have. I was told and read in many places, that I shouldn't be looking through the windscreen but just over it. After watching many videos etc I trimmed it off. Now, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do or am I gonna have to buy a new windscreen?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
I didn't like the cut-down OEM screen for the same reason (buffeting). My solution was a 12" Windvest , which has a "recurve" top edge to push the air up higher over your head. Realistically, unless you want to just "make do", there are no other options but a new screen. Clearview is also a popular choice, but I preferred the square shape of the Windvest.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ya, I may have. I was told and read in many places, that I shouldn't be looking through the windscreen but just over it. After watching many videos etc I trimmed it off. Now, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do or am I gonna have to buy a new windscreen?

Ihave the original takoff from my 09Voyager sitting behind a door here my office if you wantit on the cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ihave the original takoff from my 09Voyager sitting behind a door here my office if you wantit on the cheap.
Hey ya, I'd be interested. How much and are you in the US or Canada? Do you think it could go in the post?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would think that the '09 windscreen would be the same as on my 2013, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Shipping from USA to Canada is very expensive. Not sure what causes the crazy high costs but I've never received a reasonable quote.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Far as the windshield goes, I don't see any issues looking thru a windshield. Only time I have an issue is when the top of the shield is directly in my field of vision, because you're forced to look thru it and over it simultaneously.

I use the stock shield in colder weather, expressway riding and anytime rain is expected. Use a short shield for warm, dry, under 70mph rides. Use a Baggershield on multi-day trips, that gives you short and tall in one shield.

http://www.baggershield.com/kawasaki-c-3.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Located US, Southwest Michigan... Shipping cost including packaging plus $25 or ONE BILLION DOLLARs...
Hi, I definitely want to buy that windscreen from you. How do we go about it? I'm in Alberta, Canada so I need to know how much to give you for shipping or posting. Shipping may be crazy expensive, I'm not sure. Please message me with your thoughts. Once again thanks for this, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put a recurve on my bike. Gets the air up a few inches higher and you csn still look over it. I got a long ride shields one and it was under $100.00 shipped.
Recurve?? Can you send me a link where you got it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Schlappy

You might look at Memphis Shades Hot Wing. It's an extension easily on. I have it on my shorty windshield for just the reason you want to change your shield! Works great for me, YMMV

WEG

1 - 20 of 30 Posts