Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've made my first proto and I'm interested to know if anyone else would be keen to purchase one of these.
View attachment 246673
I noticed that the existing OEM Solo rack isn't very practical and unable to take any serious load because the bolts are in the middle only, and make it weak on the sides under weight.
LOOKS GOOD-MY ONLY CHANGE TO IT,(Mounting concerns)I'd get some Long enough bolts for the side mounts&That way I'd find some wing nuts to put on the outside of the brackets(Of course actually cutting off the bolt's heads!?!)that way the Co$t & disassembly of taking the rack off,for whatever purposes would be easy. Still all in all,GOOD JOB/LETS SEE A PRICE? Definately Would be interested:) - Since I DON'T SEE MY NEXT DREAM BIKE ANYWHERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE-Ride Safe&Be Well:)
The rack pictured is stainless steel as per the image and comes with required hardware.
There are 5 fixing points including the seat bolt in the centre. No modifications required using existing bolt points of bike.
View attachment 246674
It's the full length and slightly wider than the rear fender which means you can use it for strap on saddle bags.

It might not be everyones taste aesthetically but I'm targeting the need for people wanting good equipment for touring with a large amount of luggage or a reliable platform to mount a top box.

It's relatively light weight at about 2kg and can support my 95kg without buckling when I stand up on it while its fitted.

I will be supplying these as raw stainless so there will be very faint press marks on the bends. It will be very easy to paint with some light prep work to the surface for those wanting to colour match for themselves.

Pricing TBA but I'm aiming for about the same as what you would pay for the existing OEM Solo Rack.

Contact me directly if you're interested and I will be able to ship worldwide from Australia.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
LOOKS GOOD-MY ONLY CHANGE TO IT,(Mounting concerns)I'd get some Long enough bolts for the side mounts&That way I'd find some wing nuts to put on the outside of the brackets(Of course actually cutting off the bolt's heads!?!)that way the Co$t & disassembly of taking the rack off,for whatever purposes would be easy. Still all in all,GOOD JOB/LETS SEE A PRICE? Definately Would be interested:) - Since I DON'T SEE MY NEXT DREAM BIKE ANYWHERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE-Ride Safe&Be Well:)
Thanks John.
With so many different potential saddle bag assemblies I kept it simple to supply bolts that would fit the rack directly to an unmodifed bike.
The other thing to watch is the front bolts form part of the structural assembly of the whole rear half of the bike onto the frame. It's important these are the correct length and grade. I'm supplying grade 12.9 socket head capscrews which are better than what come with the bike.
Longer bolts will allow fitting of various saddle bag racks.
If you need something tailored to suit your setup I could make up something to suit.
See here for details and pricing.
Rough price for shipping to USA is about AUD$70. Check out paypal conversion rates for your final price in USD.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts