Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 09 VN2K LT and I want to get rid of the stock pipes for some louder better looking pipes. Anyone out there got any feedback for me? I want oud and bad ass looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just fitted Vance & Hines Powershots to my 09 V2K Fantastic sound, a big weight saving and awesome looks. Can't wait for the snow to go so I can do some miles. Were pretty restricted in the UK with avaliability of parts so I'm sure you will have more choice but I really recommend the quality of the V&H. I've only done about 50 miles with them but its like a different bike. Just about to fit a Power CommanderIII this afternoon, then it will be a hoot....

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 2:1 looks great, its very similar to the Cobra exhaust. Fitted the Power commander and it seems to make a difference with pickup, definitely smoother and crisper. Goto get two new copper exhaust gaskets, tried resuing the originals and I have an air leak causing a back fire. Stupid really spent $1500 on the exhaust and PC and didn't change a $10 copper crush gasket, why do I never learn. Ive got some quiet baffles to try just in case, just need to work out how to get the standard baffles out, then slide out about 1/2" the stick solid, A job for another time. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks Marty, I haven't heard the Cobra 2 into 1's yet...maybe someday. On your Power Commander did you use a Laptop to install a new mapping program? Did you also use a Dyno? I bought the Dobeck FP and use roll on's to tune the acceleration saturation levels. It's nice to know that the mix is rich enough even if the intake is stock. They (KAW) lean out the mix (mapping) at the factory too much and I believe a FP or remap is beneficial to engine longevity.
Any pics of your new exhaust? Show that big scoot off!!

Love the Beatles

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry mate, I don't think you realise I'm over in the UK. besides I will need the standards to get through the (MOT) vehicle inspection each year.
Cheers.:);)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts