Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Looking for some feedback on the usefulness of exhaust wrap and some pictures if anyone has to see what it would look like. I have an 2011 900 classic LT and looking for a little customizing and some performance maybe. Really not sure if it's worth the effort and does it rust out your pipes quicker? Help with power at all? Just look cool or ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i don't think wrap will rust out the pipes, and you may not feel any difference performance, the only reason i would do that is to get better sound

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
I wrapped mine several years ago after customizing my bike. The new solo seat drastically lowered my sitting position, and the aftermarket Britt pipes had no heat shields... so I kept burning holes in my pants behind my knee at red lights. The wrap definitely took care of the leg burning issues, and I think it added to the look of the bike as a bonus. It wasn't horrible to install, I believe start to finish was inside an hour total. No noticeable performance enhancement, no rust issues after 5 years, and no change in sound... my bike is quite loud.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts