Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can debaffle the factory pipes without needing a programmer but Ive never heard a set that sounded as good as aftermarket pipes. And you only want to use the pc3 if you're serious enough to take it to have it dyno tuned.
If you're gonna debaffle the factory pipes do some serious research before cutting. There's some vids on YouTube that show their debaffle process and the end result. Some thread searches on here oughta help too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I drilled my baffle's with 8 3/8 holes with no problems and it sounded ok, but i just ordered some cobra long shots and i hope they'll sound great with better performance. I never gutted them completely cause some complained of lost of power and i didn't want to go there. I would do a little research before you do something you'll regret. welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
950 Posts
You can, and I happen to have a beautiful set sitting in my garage. PM me if you are interested in a purchase. This way, if you do not like the sound, you still have your stock set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I gutted the OEM pipes on my VN900C. Used a sawzaw to remove the back plate and inner pipe. It sounds awesome, without any additional cost. There is some occasional popping, but I enjoy that. The dealer was amazed at how good they sounded when I took it in for the first maintenance. I can post a sound byte if you wish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts