Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 V2k Classic LT. I have stock exhaust and want to change to Cobra speedster longs. Do I have O2 sensor in stock exhaust? I think I do but want to be sure. I want to install a FI2000R with the exhaust for fuel managment and just wondering if i need to buy the O2 sensor blocker with the kit. Any advice would be great because im doing this mod on my own and would love some insight from anyone else that did it themself. Seems pretty straight foward.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Guy's

As far as I'm aware its just the Californian and European models that have the O2 sensor. Its easy to spot, midway along the exhaust viewed from below.

If it does have one, you need the O2 eliminator from Cobra or Dynajet (around £20, $35 ??) or its a simple job to make your own with a 330 Ohm resisitor and some araldite/epoxy resin.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, I dont have a Cali bike so I do believe you guys are right. I dont see anything resembling a O2 sensor comming from the exhaust. Anyway I just purchased a FI2000R fuel manager from Cobra and I am still deciding which Cobra exhaust to go with on my 08 V2k Classic LT. Anyone want to chime in and give me their 2cents worth on which Cobras I should get???

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
can you handle the truth

which Cobras I should get???
if your dead set on a cobra, best to get the 2in1 Pro pipe system. 2-2 systems look good but bark too loud and you will loose back pressure and tork.
if you really want the best pipe system for this big twin monster motor then give serious consideration to Roadhouse Brand 2in1. It is by far the best performing pipe sys for a vtwin motor. It will give you the most low end rumble, smooth roll on, no barking and tork out the wazoo. It doesn't even require any extra fuel mgmt control, but since you have it already, put it in. more fuel + more air = more power.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if your dead set on a cobra, best to get the 2in1 Pro pipe system. 2-2 systems look good but bark too loud and you will loose back pressure and tork.
if you really want the best pipe system for this big twin monster motor then give serious consideration to Roadhouse Brand 2in1. It is by far the best performing pipe sys for a vtwin motor. It will give you the most low end rumble, smooth roll on, no barking and tork out the wazoo. It doesn't even require any extra fuel mgmt control, but since you have it already, put it in. more fuel + more air = more power.
I wonderd about using a fuel processor or not and was told by some people that anytime you change to a full aftermarket exhaust you should have some type of fuel managment to keep the heat down and prevent burning the pistons. Plus fuel processor should keep decell popping down and improve throttle response and smoothness. I know I ran into problems with this on my triumph by putting on slip ons and not remapping the ECU. Anyway the FI2000R wasnt that expensive and it cant hurt. In the near future im going to put in a K&N filter for more air intake so ill need it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts