Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a question about exhaust on a 2008 900 custom. I need to replace my stock exhaust and I don't know for sure if I need a fuel processor just for pipes. I plan on eventaully adding a hypercharger, but not right now. So if I just replace my exhaust would I be ok adding a fuel processor down the road when I add the hypercharger or should I add the processor now to avoid damage? The exhaust I'm looking at is cobra powerpro hp 2 into1 if that makes a difference. or maybe V & H short cut staggered.

·
Registered
117 Posts
With just pipes you shouldn't need a processor. I ran mine like that for almost a year. It will be a must once you add the intake to the mix.

HTH
Max

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. BTW what pipes do you have? Did you have any isuues with blueing? I have read that some guys have problems with popping or backfiring. Do you think that would happen W/O a processor?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My pipes are Black Road Burners, so I will not have to deal with any blueing. As long as you buy a good quality pipe. Blueing isn't usually an issue. If you do get some popping. Disabling the air injection system usually helps.

·
Registered
987 Posts
cobra 2 into 1

I put the Cobra Boulevard HP 2 into 1 exhaust on my 900C, as well as a Baron Big Air kit. I didn't add the processor. It seems to run fine with only the odd little back crack on really hard decelleration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 900 custom, 2009. And had Cobra pipes put on first thing. I have the backfire prob. nothing big, just a grumble and a pop on decel. No blueing. Sounds great. straight pipes. They go to the rear axle, and are flush. I just got the bike about a month ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all the answers. I have a little problem with popping already, nothing too major but I do notice it. I think I'm going to go with the cobra powerpro hp 2 in 1, no processor for now and see how it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an '08 900 custom that I put Cobra Slashdown on a few weeks ago. Even with marbleing, I still get some pops and an occasional "bang" even on a gentle decel. My BAK and PC3 is currently on order. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
anybody know about turning stock pipes into striaght pipes (completly ripping out the converter) is this something that is hard to do (leagal which i doubt) and what would the sound difference be? my pipes are currently completly debaffled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If anyone drills their stock baffles. And perhaps doesn't like the result. I have my stock pipes just sitting in the back of my car, ('09 900 custom). their wrapped in cloth, and protected from the sun. They had a few scratches from the bike cover. But I only had them on the bike for about a week and a half. But, if anyone would like them....you pay for the shipping. And maybe shoot a price for what you think they are worth. I think I seen a guy selling his for 150... Just an idea. Not in a hurry to sell them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
pipes

I added the hard chrome pipes to my 09 vulcan 900. No other mods added. Bike runs 100 percent better and sounds great. If you have saddlebags, pick out pipes that dont touch. Have to add header tape to the bottom of my right saddlebag every so often. The only draw back is the cost, about $800 bucks. No discoloration after a year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exhaust

I have a 2007 900 custom with Cobra Slashdowns,Power Commander III USB,and a Baron's BAK.Once the bike warms up,no popping or backfiring,and the sound,while a little loud is great.I wouldn't do it any other way.It seems to be much better with the BAK,as before it was popping and backfiring.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
343 Posts
KWS69 what map are you running ? I might get the BAK down the road already have the pc3 & slash pipes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exhaust

I am running map 225-002,it is working perfectly,a couple of my friends ride Harley's,and they thought it couldn't sound any better.I'm pretty happy with it so far.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thats the map I,m running right now & it seemed rich to me.Probally just right with the BAK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my case, the BAK was just what I needed,especially after I saw how small the stock filter area was,ridiculous! Now it can breathe!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts