1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I don't see anything on the page that refers to Classic or Custom. I'd have to think they'd fit. The only difference in that area is pegs vs. floorboards, and the Custom (pegs) would be (if anything) less restricted than the Classic (boards).

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Isn't that a 900 Custom in the picture?
No, it's a classic. you can see the fork tube covers in the pic. I have the Cobra sweeps on my Custom and Cobra supplied a bracket to relocate the right side passenger peg higher up to clear the rear pipe. You should check to see of that's also included.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
sort of its a customized classic, modified or aftermarket fenders, aftermarket rims, fork covers, and floor boards

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't know if we're all seeing the same thing, but I am seeing a V-Star 950 when I click on the link.
You are right I think. That is a Yamaha. Note the lack of a radiator, the air filter box is the wrong shape, and 900's have the rear brake caliper mounted above and behind a triangle shaped swing arm.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
yup das a yammy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Call them up and ask!
Also find out if you decide to switch air filters if any type will fit with those pipes. I was looking at a pair once and they said I'd have to change my filter cause it suck out too much.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just got word from jcmotors that they will fit either. I just placed my order and I'll post up some some pics when I get them installed. Thanks
Let us know how they work out........I may get some if they go on okay, they are much cheaper than the Cobras and I love the slash cuts at the tips. When will you get them? Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I like the look of these much better than the cobras too, they look to be good bit shorter with sharper bends. They will be here next Thursday, hopefully I can have them on a snap a few pics by next weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no, it's all stock right now. I've got some new mirrors coming with the pipes and some spike grips sitting on the desk here. I plan on putting some z-bars or some kind of apes on it soon also. also, anyone know where to get a black license plate side mount bracket?

·
Registered
70 Posts
no, it's all stock right now. I've got some new mirrors coming with the pipes and some spike grips sitting on the desk here. I plan on putting some z-bars or some kind of apes on it soon also. also, anyone know where to get a black license plate side mount bracket?
You wouldn't happen to know if these come baffled or not would you? I'm curious how they'll sound compared to my full de-baffled stock pipes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got em installed tonight! Installation was easy, took about 30 minutes by myself. These look to be very well built, everything fit like a glove.They sound awesome and are pretty loud. I still get some popping on decel even after doing the marbling thing. I'll try to get some pics up sometime tomorrow or over the weekend.

^^^ and Rob, these pipes to have baffling options but they are sold separately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got em installed tonight! Installation was easy, took about 30 minutes by myself. These look to be very well built, everything fit like a glove.They sound awesome and are pretty loud. I still get some popping on decel even after doing the marbling thing. I'll try to get some pics up sometime tomorrow or over the weekend.

^^^ and Rob, these pipes to have baffling options but they are sold separately.
Sweet, I can't wait to see the pics! I think I am going to order these.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts