Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing the pipes on my 06 v2k "Classic" . Right now I'm choosing between Cobra Long Shots and Van and hines Power shots. Which ones should I go with?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I run a lot of weight on my bike when cruising two people and all the gear. When I first got my 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT and with the stock adjustment on the rear mono shock I scrapped the bottom of the lower pipe heeling it over on the first off ramp we took together on the bike. I like the V&H powershots as they sweep up at the muffler section and don't hang low, so no more scrapping of the exhaust when heeled over in a corner. The powershots also sound great and are not that loud until you make the engine work, but then they come alive. Coupled with the stock type K&N filter and the power commander ECU module the beast dynoed in at 98 HP at the rear wheel at 3850 ft elevation ASL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Opinion....Best Pipes

I'm thinking about changing the pipes on my 06 v2k "Classic" . Right now I'm choosing between Cobra Long Shots and Van and hines Power shots. Which ones should I go with?
I just purchased a 2005 Kawasaki 2000 Limited and was in awe of the bike at 1st glance,but when the owner started it up,I absolutely loved the sound. Awsome!! I was never a Harley lover,mainly because of the exhaust noise,but this bike of mine with 2000 cc. the pipes just fit the bike. Tells you that there 9is power there. The other thing I like is that at cruising speed the pipes just humm. But when you want to crank the throttle is sounds powerful,and it is. Idling too gives the bike the sound of power. I can't wait until I stop for gas and get on my bike to start it. Already the beauty and size of the bike tirn heads and then when I start it up they really take notice. I would go with the Vance and Hines,but that said I have never heard the Cobra long shot sound either. If they are better they must be quite the pipes,but I think the Vance and Hynes are "Great". Just my opinion...Hope it helps...Postie

·
Registered
3 Posts
All, I have a 2004 vn-2000 I just bought. It came from the previous owner with the Vance & Hines PowerShots. There are no baffles in the pipes. I'd like the bike to be more quite.
I'd consider trading the V&H exhaust (perfect condition) for a stock exhaust, but more preferably I would like to know if anyone with a V&H exhaust has the baffles removed from their pipes and would sell them to me. V&H does not sell them separately.
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
56 Posts
check ebay first.....

bought some new 2.5 inch Roadburner pipes for $300 plus $40 for shipping. there was a set of 3 inch pipes available for $350 plus $50 shipping and another set for less than $300 all new. also some slip ons that were seconds from MAC for $179 with free shipping. that is a whole lot more reasonable than the $500 and up prices you usually find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put Hard Krome 3" Res-tech pipes on my 2000, they are not as loud as the cobra long shots or vance & hines exhaust but I've never had a set turn blue on me. They come in chrome or black

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the V&H longshots on my V2K and I LOVE the sound of them. When cruising at freeway speeds it's not really loud,sort of the "hum" mentioned before but give it a twist and they have a nice sharp crack to them. One word of advice though, if you ride late at night or early in the morning YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL HATE YOU!!! lol Mine do :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
trade

All, I have a 2004 vn-2000 I just bought. It came from the previous owner with the Vance & Hines PowerShots. There are no baffles in the pipes. I'd like the bike to be more quite.
I'd consider trading the V&H exhaust (perfect condition) for a stock exhaust, but more preferably I would like to know if anyone with a V&H exhaust has the baffles removed from their pipes and would sell them to me. V&H does not sell them separately.
Thanks,
Eric
i have a set of stock pipes on my 04 and if your interested i'm interested in making mine louder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts