Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of pipes that are easy to install, reasonably priced and will give me a nice rumble.......any suggestions? Do the Vance & Hines Slip-On Exhausts sound good. They seem to be the only ones I can find that seem easy DIY install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the VH 2 weeks ago on my 2012 voyager. Took me less then 30 minutes from start to finish on install. They sound awesome.

I will find a video of the sound so you can hear if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have heard a couple freedom performance slipons also they sound great. I don’t like the sound of the tri oval cobras

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
I have the Cobra classic 4 inch round slipons paid $499.47 on ebay with free shipping and I like the sound not to loud but has that rumble. I agree with bullcrapallday the Cobra tri ovals have a pinggy sound I don't like either. The Vance & Hines sound good too they are a little louder than the Cobra rounds and cost a little more. They are all pretty easy to install if you are somewhat mechanically inclined remove saddle bags couple of bolts and couple of clamps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered the Vance & Hines Twin Slash Round Slip Ons today. Did the research and they seem to be the ones. Now to search youtube for install vids...... Thanks to all for you input..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you ever done any mechanical work. Is so here is the procedure it is 3 10mm bolts for each saddle bag then they lift right off. Then you have 2 8mm worm drive bolts for the exhaust flange. Make sure you swap the exhaust gaskets over unless they stay in the manifold pipe side. Then it’s 2 - 10/12mm bolts don’t remember holding the exhaust to the back bracket. I literally did this entire job in less then 30mins. Just make sure you have a second set of hands for helping hold stuff while revolting exhaust back up. Also a motorcycle stand helps. But all in all super super easy if you can do basic mechanical work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey,
I have the Cobra classic 4 inch round slipons paid $499.47 on ebay with free shipping and I like the sound not to loud but has that rumble. I agree with bullcrapallday the Cobra tri ovals have a pinggy sound I don't like either. The Vance & Hines sound good too they are a little louder than the Cobra rounds and cost a little more. They are all pretty easy to install if you are somewhat mechanically inclined remove saddle bags couple of bolts and couple of clamps.
Can you post a pic of your Cobra classics? I think that's what is on mine, but not sure

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don’t know that one I will look it up. I am on another one and a custom vaquero page that are awesome for info.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's Vulcan Riders and Owners Club. They also have a website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Look up a Facebook page called
Kawasaki 1700 voyager owners. That page is great for info and seeing what different stuff people are doing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Gibbs here are a couple of up close pics couldn't get bike out of garage because of weather to get further away from bike, They fit & look like the stock pipes but they don't tapper down at the end.There open with a baffle inside them. I like the way they sound they have that rumble when you open up the throttle but there not to loud like straight pipes and no baffle that hurt your ears and wake the neighbors but just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed..............

Got the pipes on Wednesday, installed them on Thursday... Whole process took about 40 minutes, easy peasy. Sound is great, just like a V-Twin should sound. Very satisfied with the whole operation. Thanks to all that commented and encouraged....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bore out first and second baffle - don't look back

Hi - my recommendation is to cut out the first and second baffle on the stock exhaust. Great power, good sound, lots of rumble but not over the top. Easy to do - 10 min max!

Safe rides,
Bob

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey, Gibbs just saw your post, I'm (at work) now so I can't take a picture of my pipes but if they are Cobra pipes they will have Cobra engraved at the end of each pipe and as far as I know they only make 2 types for the 1700 the round slash cut and the other is the tri oval so the end of the pipes are somewhat triangular shaped ( I personally did not like the way the tri ovals sounded, they do look good though)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had forgotten all about this thread. Mine don't have Cobra on them like my dragsters on my 900 did, but they have an emblem with a C in the center of it. All I know is they sound good so I like them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here are some pics of my (dirty) pipes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts