Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i will be fitting some new Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust. to my ride soon, but as they do not come with a fitting for the oxygen sensor, i will need to drill and fit and weld a boss/nut
i no i could fit a Oxygen o2 sensor eliminator but i would like to keep the sensor as it is.
what i need to no is what size i will need, if any one out there that has done this be for could give me any info would be great
thanks phil
VN1700 Classic Tourer 2013

·
Registered
851 Posts
I might be wrong but don't think the Cobra Tri-Ovel exhaust comes with a 02 sensor, they just bolt right up to the header exhaust and your done. Now unless your installing a Dynojet Auto Tuner, comes with 02 sensors that needs to be installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi over here in the UK the exhaust that are fitted to the bike have a oxygen sensor fitted to the right exhaust for the emissions, i no the Cobra Tri-Ovel exhaust do not have a boss nut thats y i need to drill and fit and weld one in to take the sensor
just trying to get ever thing ready be for i take the old exhaust off just don't no if i need a 18 or 13 mill boss/nut
thanks any way

·
Registered
138 Posts
it should be as die hard aid the tri ovals go on after the headers so the o2 sensor stays
we also have them in ozz
i had to change mine for 2 reasons one the v/h pro pipes dont have a bung and also i fitted the o2 auto tune ,which is larger than the standard o2 sensor

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Think I read that the O2 sensor is in the joint were the front and back pipes meat and the crossover pipe all come together. If so, it should be ahead of the muffler clamp and stay where it is if only changing mufflers. Correct me if I'm wrong, it has happened once I think.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
..the O2 sensor is in the right hand muffler..I`m in the UK ...I`ve put D&D exhaust on my VV..I had the exhaust fitted with a welded nut to accept the sensor.Its easy to remove sensor. Remove connection from wiring plug & unscrew sensor from muffler. Then get nut to fit thread on sensor..get it welded in same area on new exhaust..mine works fine..got a bit of popping..

·
Kiwi Voyager
55 Posts
Im down here in NZ and we have 02 fitted stock, when i fitted cobra slipons i also fitted 02 eliminator and power commander, without any success, basically the 02 sensor eliminator just didnt seem to do its job, and i tried 3 of them from different sources, so in the end i put my stock 02 sensor on the cobra slipon, dumped the power commander, and it runs happily, btw i dont have the pair valve blocked off either, everything is stock.
I just had a hole drilled in the r/h pipe, and a nut welded. Job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts