Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to build a sissy bar and install some saddle bags. The issue I have is that the Vance N Hines are in my way. The bike runs great and I don't want to change that, so here's the question. If I remove my heat shields and cut my pipes down behind the mufflers, then install new baffles, will the shorter pipes cause other issues that my bike won't like? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi!
Any change in exhaust system always result in the change of back pressure. It always affects the engine performance.
That is the reason why good certified pipes have instructions for carb mods and their price is very high.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The issue I have is that the Vance N Hines are in my way. The bike runs great and I don't want to change that, so here's the question.

If I remove my heat shields and cut my pipes down behind the mufflers, then install new baffles, will the shorter pipes cause other issues that my bike won't like? Thanks!
removing head shields is ok it will do no harm, cutting down pipes will decrease backpressure a bit and new baffles is ok, I don't see any problems with shorter pipes

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I should add this, that with shorter pipes and less back pressure, bike will sound louder but performance will get sluggish a bit and you lose a bit of torque, not enough though to be a problem

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll try to find some bags that will work with the pipes I have. I really don't want to change anything that I don't have to. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts