Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I took every thing out some time ago.Sounds a lot better but.Then I had this big ugly black hole with a ring where I cut out the center.Found some vent covers at the boat store that were 3 1/4 in. stainless with slots in them giveing you about 2 3/4 opening.I made snap rings out of 1/8 in round bar and just snaped them in the grove to hold covers in. Worked great and I think looks alot better. It may just be me, but I think it sounds a little deeper.The covers were $4.49 the bar I had. Here are a few shots of how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good idea! What are the vent covers used for on a boat?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They call them cabin vents at shop I got them at. They sell what looks almost the same on line at homedepot And they call them shower drain covers but they are a little thiner I think.and have tabs on them, the vent covers no tabs just 4 screw holds it you wanted to go that way.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Interesting.

What I've been wanting to do is take a dremel (which I don't own and don't want to buy for just this one project, so I have to find a friend willing to let me borrow it :p) and a sanding wheel and just sand it down to no more ring. Then, use the highest grit sanding bit for a dremel I can find and polish the inside of the pipe as far as I can reach to make it smooth and shiny. One of my reasons for debaffling, aside from the sound, was I didn't LIKE having stuff inside my pipes, I wanted it to look hallow! (Of course you can see the cat if you get down and look... but still)

Gotta say those, this is definitely a unique solution to the problem!

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I debaffled my exhaust last year, this is what I did with the holes: I eventually had to replace this set with another made from 1/4 inch aluminum. I left the rivet holes from the cover plate, and bolted the flame plates to the old holes.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts