Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting a new full exhaust in the mail tomorrow. What are the torque specs for exhaust to manifold bolts? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
per manual

Fastener
N·m kgf·m ft·lb
Remarks
Rear Camshaft Chain Guide Bolt 20 2.0 15 L
Throttle Body Assy Holder Bolts 12 1.2 106 in·lb
Cylinder Bolt (M8) 27.5 2.8 20 MO, S
Cylinder Nut 49 5.0 36 MO, S
Cylinder Bolts (M6) 12 1.2 106 in·lb L, S
Exhaust Pipe Manifold Holder Nuts 17 1.7 13
Muffler Body Mounting Bolts 20 2.0 15

so 13 ft/lb

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fastener
N·m kgf·m ft·lb
Remarks
Rear Camshaft Chain Guide Bolt 20 2.0 15 L
Throttle Body Assy Holder Bolts 12 1.2 106 in·lb
Cylinder Bolt (M8) 27.5 2.8 20 MO, S
Cylinder Nut 49 5.0 36 MO, S
Cylinder Bolts (M6) 12 1.2 106 in·lb L, S
Exhaust Pipe Manifold Holder Nuts 17 1.7 13
Muffler Body Mounting Bolts 20 2.0 15

so 13 ft/lb
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did the exhaust on my wifes bike yesterday, I don't think 13 ft lbs will seat the exhaust in the crush gaskets properly. I just tight down each side evenly until the exhaust stopped moving.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I just did the exhaust on my wifes bike yesterday, I don't think 13 ft lbs will seat the exhaust in the crush gaskets properly. I just tight down each side evenly until the exhaust stopped moving.

Flattening out the crush gaskets is worse.

13 foot pounds is more than ample; we are talking about 10mm nuts/bolts.

Tighten by hand; tourque to spec, run about 5 heat cycles and retorque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I installed my Delkevic I actually missed this part. I believe the old gaskets were still in there when I mounted the new exhaust.

What kind of problems should I be noticing if there is an issue? I mean I have since gotten a torque wrench and I found the gaskets that came with the exhaust so I have the tools now, just not sure it makes any difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I installed my Delkevic I actually missed this part. I believe the old gaskets were still in there when I mounted the new exhaust.

What kind of problems should I be noticing if there is an issue? I mean I have since gotten a torque wrench and I found the gaskets that came with the exhaust so I have the tools now, just not sure it makes any difference.
It’s just one of those things were you should, but if you don’t and everything is good and no exhaust leaks. It’ll be okay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts