Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust, Intake & Fuel Management Upgrades

Hello All....I want to do a few more upgrades on my 2008 Classic 900LT. I am looking at the Vance & Hines Slash Cut exhaust (to keep the look), the Cobra PowerFlo Intake, and the new Cobra FI2000R PowerPro Tuner.
Has anyone made these modifications? Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello All....I want to do a few more upgrades on my 2008 Classic 900LT. I am looking at the Vance & Hines Slash Cut exhaust (to keep the look), the Cobra PowerFlo Intake, and the new Cobra FI2000R PowerPro Tuner.
I have the vance and hines slash cut, Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro, Auto Tuning Fuel Processor ( the auto tuning is a bit more expensive but the peace of mind no need the play with the setup really worth it!! ) and for my intake I have the La chopper intake!!! and I love my set up!!! Last summer I race on the highway with a other custom ( stock with only pipes) and the poor guy have no chance!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the same on my 2009 custom v & h twin slash cuts la choppers intake but cobra fi2000 set at 2-2-1 and removed the butterflies much better acceleration noticed the difference straight away and much more pull through every gear and much quicker 0-60 than than i thought i would get, not to mention they make the bike look and sound so much better but a word of warning the pipes a very loud!!!;)

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Have similar mods on my Custom SE. I have the PCV with Autotune while on my VTX1800 I have the Cobra Powrpro. Both work great so it's a matter of whether you like to play with the settings or just ride the bike. Up to you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have the same on my 2009 custom v & h twin slash cuts la choppers intake but cobra fi2000 set at 2-2-1 and removed the butterflies much better acceleration noticed the difference straight away and much more pull through every gear and much quicker 0-60 than than i thought i would get, not to mention they make the bike look and sound so much better but a word of warning the pipes a very loud!!!;)
Hi! I really love to have more info about the butterfly mod I don't want to Hijack this thread so its possible to contact me by PM to give me more infor about this mod. it will be really nice!!
thanks!!

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Has anyone ever run the Dyno after these mods?, just wondering if you actually picked up much more HP/ torque , or is it just a seat of the pants feeling?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Has anyone ever run the Dyno after these mods?, just wondering if you actually picked up much more HP/ torque , or is it just a seat of the pants feeling?
RoadBike Magazine did a dyno run on a Vulcan Classic a couple of years ago. The bike was equipped with Cobra pipes, aftermarket intake and a Cobra Fi2000i fuel processor. They posted the dyno sheet and it showed a 25% gain over stock.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have read either on this forum or kawasaki forum that a dyno was done with the following mods on a VN900 (pipes, intake, fuel mgmt, and secondary butterflies removed) and it showed 60.5 hp (VN900), approx 18% increase over stock. Have not found the thread yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts