Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have decided on an exhaust by Bub but I don't know what else I will need to go with it for the best performance. Help please. I know I need a power commander or something similar right? What else? It's a 2009 Vulcan 900 classic

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you upgraded your intake? If not you might give that some consideration. I've read that the OEM intake on the 900 is like sucking air through a straw. If you go for both, intake and exhaust, you will definitely need a fuel processor. If you just stay with one upgrade it's possible that you can get away without one. Personally, I went with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake Kit, Cobra Speedster Short exhausts, and a Cobra FI2000R Fuel processor.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Dude,

For best performance I would go with a 2-1 exhaust. You will also need an air intake kit and fuel processor. I have a Barrons Big Air Kit with a Dobek electronic jetkit. Good luck making your bike the way you want it. welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For me I went with rush pipes, barons intake, and cobra controller. I couldn't be happier! It sounds great, and it rips! Huge improvement over stock. My suggestion is do all three, even if you have to wait a while to get all of the parts together it's worth it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Bub exhaust with an S&S air cleaner and a PC-V. I did feel quite a bit of difference on the performance end. More than I expected. The Bubs are loud. I have sound reducing baffles in mine. Once I have the money and the right shop I would love to go the dyno tune route. I dyno tuned my car and pulled 25 more whp than the base map for the car pulled. I hear people get similar result dyno tuning the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts