Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Vulcan Custom Special Edition and looking for black Exhaust to replace the stock exhaust. The only brands that i can find in black are Hard Krome or Roadhouse. I was curious which is the better brand. I like the 2 and 1/2 inch american straights or the strippers from Hard Krome, or would the 3" big straights fit on the custom its says it fits the classic on there website. The only one from roadhouse i like is the lightning duals, but dont know about the quality. just looking for everyones opinion. The service guy at my local Kawasaki dealer told me that Hard krome makes quality exhaust.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Roadburner

Roadburner has two sets, one is a one piece pipe the other is two piece. They look pretty nice black ceramic coated.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have a 2009 Vulcan Custom Special Edition and looking for black Exhaust to replace the stock exhaust. The only brands that i can find in black are Hard Krome or Roadhouse. I was curious which is the better brand. I like the 2 and 1/2 inch american straights or the strippers from Hard Krome, or would the 3" big straights fit on the custom its says it fits the classic on there website. The only one from roadhouse i like is the lightning duals, but dont know about the quality. just looking for everyones opinion. The service guy at my local Kawasaki dealer told me that Hard krome makes quality exhaust.
I have a set of Cobras waiting for me in the States. I found them on the Dennis Kirk site, #4405001, Cobra #4218B. They weren't cheap but they are black.....yes!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been very happy with my Road Burner 3" Black Hawk Road Pros. Fit & Finnish is very nice and I love the sound.
Here is a pick

Here is a sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0v38yyl8U
I read somewhere that in order to get the best performance out of a set of pipes both pipes should be the same length. Clearly, in your picture, this is not the case. Do notice and difference in using these pipes as opposed to using the stock pipes?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I imagine that wavelength comes into play with pipe design. A pipe that isn't too retrictive but cut to the right wavelength probably sees the same performance as a pipe cut to a wave before. So what you now have to wonder is IS the front pipe one wavelength longer than the back?

I'd always hear that 2n1 pipes produce more power where drag pipes are only good for flat out running unless you put power cones in the headers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can tell you that for the best performance the 2 into 1 pipes are the ticket. I tried the Cobra & just didn't care for the sound & I wanted black. I found these and have been happy. I did notice a very slight drop in performance with the change. I can say that the pipes made a difference over stock, but the biggest gain was from the intake. I do know that the way the tubes are stepped up in size is different between the rear & front pipe. I believe that is to address the issues with different length of pipes.

HTH
Max

·
Registered
186 Posts
pipes for S.E.

hi guys im new to this site,just bought a new 2009 S.E.i installed the black HK strippers and cobra fi 2000, very happy and i love the pipes some may find them a bit loud but hey ive heard louder. gotten some nice copliments on them.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Mine are a bit louder, but not by far. The biggest thing is the change in tone.
I would disagree...the Roadburner Street Pros are the exact same pipes as the Hard Krome Strippers (except the RBs are a two piece design), and they are much louder than the stock debaffled pipes. They are set off car alarms in the parking lot loud (full experience with both...Stage 2 debaffle stock, Fully gutted stock, and RB Street Pros). They sound great, though...just very very loud.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts