Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

541 - 559 of 559 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
This makes me so happy that the 16" was out of stock when I bought mine, though I'm sorry it didn't work out the same for you. I agree that it looks better, but taking the can off to put it on the lift isn't that bad in reality. (Did it with a rear tire change yesterday). The 21" is loud, any louder and it might be too much for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed the Delkevic header and muffler on my bike. No problem, easy. I have a TBR exhaust system I would make a good deal on for those of you who like LOUD, I didn't, I'm too old for that loud.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I installed the Delkevic header and muffler on my bike. No problem, easy. I have a TBR exhaust system I would make a good deal on for those of you who like LOUD, I didn't, I'm too old for that loud.
I guess it's a bit late considering you already bought another system but they do make a baffle to suit the TwoBros Comp exhaust muffler.
They also do the more popular db killer tip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed a Delkevic, part no. COM260G, in 2015, header and black carbon fiber muffler. $456.80 Seemed reasonable to me. Good instructions, easy to install. db louder the OEM muffler, not as loud as a Harley, I pleased with it.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I installed a Delkevic, part no. COM260G, in 2015, header and black carbon fiber muffler. $456.80 Seemed reasonable to me. Good instructions, easy to install. db louder the OEM muffler, not as loud as a Harley, I pleased with it.
Hi, rideco, Did you get the PM I sent you? I haven't heard back and would be interested in the TBR exhaust you have for Sale if the price is right. You can also E-Mail me directly at [email protected] Look forward hearing back from you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I changed my exhaust from the Delkevic MINI 8" STAINLESS STEEL ROUND MUFFLER to the SL10 14" Steel Round Muffler because the Mini 8" was too loud for me. If anyone is interested in the slip-on Mini 8" muffler itself. Let me know. You can buy the headers separately from Delkevic or for those interested in a different setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am ready to bite the bullet!

Is it the Arrow Rebel? Or the Delkevic SL10? I prefer a deep throaty sound. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I decided to go back to my stock exhaust so if you or anyone are interested in the Delkevic system, let me know. I have both the 8 and 14 inch mufflers and headers. I live in the LA area.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You guys selling things you may have more luck if you post the items in the Classifieds or at least try Posting it in a New Thread instead of reviving an ancient one :wink2:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Installed the exan exhaust (incl. cat and db killer) one week ago as there is not that much (legal) choice in Germany. This one comes with ECE-Homologation document. It is much lighter than the stock exhaust and looks very clean.

Kind of experimental game for me too, as no one else ever reported about it. But damn... That makes a difference! Sounds like a more powerful bike... I am a little afraid that it is too loud, but I am really happy :devil2:
How's that exan working out for you? (if you still have it?) Was looking at it in comparison to a delkevic or an arrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cheap way

I ordered a M4 slip on exhaust and cut the stock muffler off. This will require that you weld the slip on adapter to the stock pipe. you can hear examples of this mod on youtube. I did the whole thing for $54 dollars. I also added a Boosterplug for fuel management that was $160. It made a huge difference over stock and I still get 50 mpg.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered a M4 slip on exhaust and cut the stock muffler off. This will require that you weld the slip on adapter to the stock pipe. you can hear examples of this mod on youtube. I did the whole thing for $54 dollars. I also added a Boosterplug for fuel management that was $160. It made a huge difference over stock and I still get 50 mpg.
Where did you find the M4 exhaust so cheap?

·
Registered
60 Posts
E BAY search 51mm slip on muffler. its the 12th one down from the top. $39.99
Hey Texasvs,

That sounds like a great idea. Do you have any pictures of the bike with the exhaust on. Where you cut and welded and how you managed with the springs attachments?

I was all but ready to go for a Delkevic but this mod is a brilliant solution. I'd have to take the exhaust somewhere to do the welding but that'll still only cost a fraction of a Delk.

Cheers. Tom.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recently pulled my exhaust off, cut the giant, heavy, ugly muffler off, then welded a small exhaust pipe at a slight angle. Basically, I made it so my Vulcan can now fit universal slip on exhaust cans. I got a cheapy one on ebay that actually sounds surprisingly good, weighs nothing, and isn't annoyingly loud. It backfires a bit, but I changed the baffle and the problem went away. I think my Booster Plug helps with that too, from what I've read. I wrapped the pipes, including the ugly Y pipe. Sprayed the wrap with high temp silicone spray, and put it all back on the bike! The whole project cost least than $50. It cut about 20 pounds from the bike, makes a louder/more motorcycy sounding, and, in my opinion, looks much better!

Attachments

541 - 559 of 559 Posts