Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

501 - 520 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Danmoto is way too loud for urban areas imho, db killer is not available but could be done like I did with mine. With db killer added the rpms are steady and no adjustments were needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have seen your posts about the Danmoto and that is the reason I am asking since when I watch the videos I don't hear the difference between the Danmoto and the Delkevic. Do you know the difference in power ratings between the two?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just put the Delkevic slash cut on my new Vulcan. Perfect, reasonable, bolts on, fits and not as loud as the TBE or others but loud enough to enjoy. Delkevic said the slash is the quietest in their lineup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just put the Delkevic slash cut on my new Vulcan. Perfect, reasonable, bolts on, fits and not as loud as the TBE or others but loud enough to enjoy. Delkevic said the slash is the quietest in their lineup
Thanks man, I will keep this in mind. It seems Delkevic is winning the battle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question. Does it make a difference if I don't wait for the break in period to be completed before putting on after market exhaust? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I forgot to post but I purchased the Delkevic Bullnose shorty exhaust.
WOW. Thing is super loud and definitely get noticed when you're on the freeway. It does make your bike sound a lot sportier on the freeways though (75+mph).

Maybe ill get a chance to post a video clip for you guys soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Question. Does it make a difference if I don't wait for the break in period to be completed before putting on after market exhaust? Thanks
The question should be, Would you still fallow the 3.5k rpm break in limit if you had an exhaust?

It shouldn't affect the break in, but it may tempt you to open it up a bit more. These bikes don't really come alive till 4.5k in my opinion. Although I remember the silent note of the stock anchor. Also would you bee doing a tune right away? If not you will be running lean.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The question should be, Would you still fallow the 3.5k rpm break in limit if you had an exhaust?

It shouldn't affect the break in, but it may tempt you to open it up a bit more. These bikes don't really come alive till 4.5k in my opinion. Although I remember the silent note of the stock anchor. Also would you bee doing a tune right away? If not you will be running lean.
U.S. bikes do not have an RPM limit for break-in as far as I know. Personally, I wouldn't make that kind of a change until after the 600 miles service, but that's just me being careful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
500 miles in went with Delkevic Bullnose. So far so wonderful.
My only advice is to be sure to put the whole exhaust together first with the bracket and leave everything loose as you fit it, then start tightening from front to back. You really need grease to put together, trying to reposition without it was a hand breaker. The muffler will not need to be pushed all the way down the pipes to line up the bracket. Very glad I did it! ?

501 - 520 of 561 Posts