Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 559 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen the TBR youtube video. I wonder if there will be a slip-on version?

I have also emailed Yoshimura and they said that currently there are no plans in making one for the Vulcan S.

Since this is a 'sporty' cruiser, who would be the usual suspects as far as exhausts? (I come from a sport bike background)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check on the exhausts for the Versys 650 (2008-2014 ) or the ER6N, they are basically the same bike so chances are that the aftermarkets exhausts will work with little or no modification. They do have a sporty look though, not a cruiser like appearance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check on the exhausts for the Versys 650 (2008-2014 ) or the ER6N, they are basically the same bike so chances are that the aftermarkets exhausts will work with little or no modification. They do have a sporty look though, not a cruiser like appearance.
Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the info!

Any brave soul who'd like to try it? :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any other exhausts yet? :eek:

You would think that bike exhaust companies with products for the Versys 650 and the ER6N would start jumping at the opportunity in selling us Vulcan S owners the exhausts, but that's not the case.

I reached out to a few companies and Delkevic is the only promising one right now.

----
Scorpion Exhausts

Thanks for the enquiry but we have no plans to develop anything at present.

Regards

Martin
Scorpion Exhausts

----
Yoshimura

Unfortunately there are no plans at this time to offer anything for that specific application. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your interest in Yoshimura.

Lauren Calise
Sales Department Manager

----
Delkevic

Thank you for your interest in our products. I do see we are creating downpipes for the new bike but I'm unsure about slip ons. It seems we will be able to fit our round silencers straight on but there might be some modification for ovals. I would check back with us in a few months to see if there is progress on this project.

Regards,
Janielle

--------------------------------

Regarding ER6N-specific exhaust direct fitment, I found this tidbit from this guy's video.

Hi I made it done at Joi racing Shop in Chonburi Thailand
They made it especially for that model as the existing exhaust system for the Er 6 was not fitting the vulcan S

---------------------------------------

Two Brothers Racing

Comp-S 2-1 Ceramic Black & Carbon Fiber Exhaust System - MSRP $859.98

Comp-S 2-1 Stainless Steel with Carbon Fiber Exhaust System - MSRP $759.98

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delkevic

Thank you for your interest in our products. I do see we are creating downpipes for the new bike but I'm unsure about slip ons. It seems we will be able to fit our round silencers straight on but there might be some modification for ovals. I would check back with us in a few months to see if there is progress on this project.

Regards,
Janielle
Well it looks like the Delkevic exhausts are finally out. They have 3 options currently.

Anybody here getting one? How easy/hard is the install?

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_5297_8905_8906_8911&categorystring=Motorcycles-Kawasaki-2015-Vulcan S EN650A (2015)-Complete Systems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it looks like the Delkevic exhausts are finally out. They have 3 options currently.

Anybody here getting one? How easy/hard is the install?

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_5297_8905_8906_8911&categorystring=Motorcycles-Kawasaki-2015-Vulcan S EN650A (2015)-Complete Systems
I'm sure it isn't that hard to install as long as you have the PB Blaster spray to loosen the bolts, some tools, and a beer lol. I'm thinking of getting one since the price is not bad at all compared to Two Brothers. Prob go for the all out chrome and then maybe paint it matte black. Anyone think Vance and Hines will create one for the Vulcan S?

·
Registered
653 Posts
AHM Racing have released 2 versions for our Vulcan S 650.

Twin pipe option:

2 into 1 option:

The big difference is the 2 into 1 has the tabs welded in to accept the OEM heat shield.

I have contacted Jason from Serdang Moto in Malaysia but they aren't shipping internationally.
I've priced it up to have a courier collect for me, but it's big bucks. I'm trying to find an eco way to ship them here to me in Oz.

·
Registered
653 Posts
There's also these pipes made locally for me from MotoExPro.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kawasaki-Vulcan-650-Sports-Exhaust-System-/131501469889?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e9e1930c1
Again a slip on option however these appear to have a sigle radius bend coming out from the head around to the muffler.
Much better flow but they would stick out forward further than stock pipes.

They're locally available but look a bit cheap for my taste. I also don't like that they don't have screw tabs to use stock heat shield.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So if any of ya'll get an aftermarket exhaust, please upload video on youtube. We want to hear it.

I need to hear it before i buy!

thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I absolutely love my new Vulcan S. I would say the only gripe I have is the exhaust. At WOT it sounds pretty good, but up above 60 MPH I can barely make out any exhaust note because of wind noise ( I wear the new Bell Rogue helmet). I've been looking and there isn't much yet.
The Delkevic doesn't look right to me, I feel like the bike is a fair split between Cruiser & Sport and that doesn't do it justice.
I really like the AHM twin exhaust, but it would be nice if it was broken up a little with black to blend with the bike. And of course it looks like it isn't even available in the states? Maybe if they had enough encouragement they would consider shipping a handful of units here? Whomever has had contact with them could suggest a prepaid group buy.
I looked at the IXIL exhaust and kind of liked the different design. I have seen the facebook teaser that says "Available from June". But, they don't even have a Vulcan S listed in their motorcycle list. So, I contacted IXIL USA and inquired availability and cost shipped to Texas. I got a short email back that it is available and can be supplied through this USA distributor. The cost is $799.00. I'm not sure if that is including shipping, it's all I was told.
The TB exhaust has the right look of sorts. And it does something for the exhaust note, although I'm not very convinced it's for me. Plus, the pricing is on the high side for me. I'm new to motorcycles, but I'm not new to modifying. It's hard for me to justify an exhaust that costs 1/10 of the entire vehicle. Although you have to pay to play.
I think it will be a game of patience as the aftermarket catches up. Which depends on the success of the brand. So we all may just have to wait. I'm near Houston and there's a handfull of good shops here. I'm going to inquire and see what a custom exhaust may cost. If I can come up with something that looks, sounds...and it would be nice to increase something...for under $600.00 then i'll go that route.
Since I'm new to motorcycling does anyone know if a manifold back exhaust requires any injector modification or ECU adjustment? I apologize if this is a dumb question. Secondly, does anyone have any suggestions for muffler brands, etc. that either would look good or would support an underside mount ( narrow, oval, etc.) that I can use as a starting point if I'm going to assemble a custom exhaust. If you have any ideas I don't mind being a guinea pig if things line up right.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've read feedback about the TB exhaust system tripping the check light. I think it has something to do with back pressure and the oxy sensor. That would be enough to piss me off as there would be the uncertainty if something was really wrong.

I contacted our local Delkevic distributor and they're happy to supply the headers only. I don't like the round carbon muffler they offer and the stainless one is only available in 8" for now. Apparently a stainless 14" is on the way. Otherwise I've been hunting for another muffler option.

I'm not liking some of the sports muffler mods I've seen online. They just look like some weird sports wanna-be frankenbike.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree with you. I haven't been impressed with any of the modded exhaust. So Delkevic is willing to sell just the manifold? Did they give any idea of pricing? The Mendel bends of the exhaust manifold are the difficult/expensive parts to try and get fabbed up. If it's possible to buy that premade then it would mostly be picking out a suitable muffler or pipe, likely adding in a Cat, welding in O2 sensor bung(s) (unless the Delkevic mani has the Cat & O2 sensor sorted out) and creating mounting points and/or replacing the heat shield.

Is anyone here familiar with Delkevic? That can attest (or detest) the quality & fitment of their parts? I think their whole exhaust for this bike can be bought for around $450. If the manifold sold for like $200.09 it could be a viable option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with you. I haven't been impressed with any of the modded exhaust. So Delkevic is n.
Thanks Brandon, you just gave me an idea, i contacted Delkevic and they can sell just the header with co2 bung, basically the kit without the exhaust like you mentioned.

Im most likely going to buy that. Im a welder fabricator, i dont know yet how i want the muffler to be tho.

1 - 20 of 559 Posts