Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a few different exhaust and think I may have found what I want. First before I buy I would like to know if anyone has used it and what they think about it.

The exhaust I'm looking at is mad by Fuggin Fab its the F14. Here is a link but it's not the best shot.

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/FFE4014/ProductID/477998

I went to Fuggin's website and this was as close to what I could see of the F14. I want the Ceramic Black.

Here is a little better shot but it's for a different bike.

http://fugginfabricationengi.intuitwebsites.com/services.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one ever have one of the Fuggin's pipes?

·
Registered
711 Posts
No one ever have one of the Fuggin's pipes?
So far I haven't seen anyone with them and to be honest with you I never even herd of this company. Price is very high for such a little pipe. I would like to see a vn900c on a side picture with them. Some time ago I saw a guy with really short stock modified pipes and the bike looked weird for my taste. The type of frame our bike has did not go well with them but that's just my opinion.

If these are what you really want then buy them, you'll never be happy if you end up with something else.

Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I haven't seen anyone with them and to be honest with you I never even herd of this company. Price is very high for such a little pipe. I would like to see a vn900c on a side picture with them. Some time ago I saw a guy with really short stock modified pipes and the bike looked weird for my taste. The type of frame our bike has did not go well with them but that's just my opinion.

If these are what you really want then buy them, you'll never be happy if you end up with something else.

Good luck
Thanks for the input, I was thinking the same thing about them being short so I'm going with a longer pipe. They are high in price for sure and I'm having them coated so will see how she looks. I'll post up some pics when its done. I'm trying to make this bike look more sporty but not like a crappy croch rocket. I'm gonna order the pipe tomorrow and will give it a go. I think with all the other mods I'm gonna do I would think it will mesh well together.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i like the pipe but my concern is with the look of the swing arm with out the pipes covering at least part of it. all ofthe mounting holes for the stock exahust will show.
i like the looks of the cobra swept as well but didnt get them for that reason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the pipe but my concern is with the look of the swing arm with out the pipes covering at least part of it. all ofthe mounting holes for the stock exahust will show.
i like the looks of the cobra swept as well but didnt get them for that reason
Good point and I was looking at that which made me decide to go with the Hellion instead. It's a duel pipe and is longer and from the pictures I have seen it covers up a lot of the stock mounting holes.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Fuggin Fabrication is based in Mesa Arizona. My Classic was used as a model to make some of their pipes off of. Fuggin is a sponsor for VulcanForums and has it's own area near the bottom of the main page. I am sure if you contact Doug, he will answer any of your questions. 480-813-4474

here are some pics of the Custom with Fuggin pipes on it.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5288

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuggin Fabrication is based in Mesa Arizona. My Classic was used as a model to make some of their pipes off of. Fuggin is a sponsor for VulcanForums and has it's own area near the bottom of the main page. I am sure if you contact Doug, he will answer any of your questions. 480-813-4474

here are some pics of the Custom with Fuggin pipes on it.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5288
I did talk to Doug today and I got the Hellion in Black Ceramic and the EFI control unit. It should look good and sound bad azz.

Link http://fugginfabricationengi.intuitwebsites.com/testimonials.html

I also am changing the air filter to help the flow more here is a link to what it looks like I think it looks killer

Link http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=175

The flame end cap will also be black.. I'm gonna take some pics of the bike now and when I put all the mods in place and see what it looks like. Either way I can get enough of riding, I look for reason to go out riding I love it. Can't wait for summer..

·
Registered
306 Posts
you do relise that that is just the end cap for the tornado right. you have to buy the thunder intake seperate from the end cap. $149 just for the end cap is a bit pricey....imo. but it would look killer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
you do relise that that is just the end cap for the tornado right. you have to buy the thunder intake seperate from the end cap. $149 just for the end cap is a bit pricey....imo. but it would look killer
Yea Bro I got it all. The elbow, Filter, Flame cap and the mount bracket, cost over $400 and add my exhaust and fuel controller the Cafe style faring, ISO grips Billet blinkers, License plate relocate break and clutch handles for a total of $1400 so far and I paid $5500 for the bike, still a deal to me.

Thanks for looking out..

I have a 79 Mustang that I Drag race. The torque converter it self was $2600.00 not including the transmission which was $3000.00. If you wanna play you gotta pay.

~R~

·
Registered
306 Posts
cool be sure to post some pics on here for us ...and yeah i remember the mustang days ...at one time i owned 6 of them so i understand the pay to play thing

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool be sure to post some pics on here for us ...and yeah i remember the mustang days ...at one time i owned 6 of them so i understand the pay to play thing
Dam man 6? I'm not that rich. Just that cars, specially racing is so costly doing a bike is cheep, I'll take the bike for now LOL!

~R~

·
Registered
941 Posts
You Mustang guys hear they are bring back the 5.0 next year, 412hp, 390 ft-lb. Dropping the 4.6 V8 and boosting power on the V6 to 305hp, 280ft-lb. They have to compete with the Hemi and Camaro V-8.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a pic of the Mayhem pipes on a 900 Custom SE.
Very nice I see you got the Mayhem, did you also get the fuel controller? How much of a sound change did it make over the stock?

Thank

~R~

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Very nice I see you got the Mayhem, did you also get the fuel controller? How much of a sound change did it make over the stock?

Thank

~R~
That's not my bike; I have Road Burner Street Pros...but, yes, you would have to get a fuel controller because you can see he also changed out the intake. You don't have to get a fuel controller if you switch out one (the pipes or the intake) but if you do both, you'll need a fuel controller to remap the fuel process. Now, with these pipes, I think you have to change out the intake anyway because the pipes will interfere with the stock intake...but I could be wrong.

From what I've heard, these pipes are very loud.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's not my bike; I have Road Burner Street Pros...but, yes, you would have to get a fuel controller because you can see he also changed out the intake. You don't have to get a fuel controller if you switch out one (the pipes or the intake) but if you do both, you'll need a fuel controller to remap the fuel process. Now, with these pipes, I think you have to change out the intake anyway because the pipes will interfere with the stock intake...but I could be wrong.

From what I've heard, these pipes are very loud.

Your correct about the Mayhem's, you have to change the intake which is what I did. I ordered me a new one all though I got the Hellion style and I got the fuel controller.

So there loud? Sweet, I wanna make people flinch when I come by LOL!! Plus I order the Cafe Style fairing. Everyhting should be here in about a week or so. Im gonna make all the changes at once so it I'm hoping the change will be nice one. I also wanna go with a fatter tire on the back. Do you know how wide of a tire I can put on that stock rim?

Thank s

~R~

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Your correct about the Mayhem's, you have to change the intake which is what I did. I ordered me a new one all though I got the Hellion style and I got the fuel controller.

So there loud? Sweet, I wanna make people flinch when I come by LOL!! Plus I order the Cafe Style fairing. Everyhting should be here in about a week or so. Im gonna make all the changes at once so it I'm hoping the change will be nice one. I also wanna go with a fatter tire on the back. Do you know how wide of a tire I can put on that stock rim?

Thank s

~R~
230 is the widest you can go, but you'll have to modify the mudgaurd and lower belt gaurd.

Here's the tire most guys go with and what I'll be ordering this spring.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/401/5950/ITEM/Avon-AM21-Roadrunner-230-Series-Rear-Tire.aspx

here's a thread over at kawasakimotorcycle.org about it...

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/122717-avon-230-vn900.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey Cajin, did you get the Hellions on yet. Im REALLy interested in hearing what you thinkof them, They are my first choice. when i change the pipes on my custom. Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey Cajin, did you get the Hellions on yet. Im REALLy interested in hearing what you thinkof them, They are my first choice. when i change the pipes on my custom. Thanks
Rick
Hey Kaws I sure did Checke this link. I can't add the sound clips till tonight when I get home, work blocks youtub so I'll do it when I get home. The change was nice in two way's. One of course the sound and the second was the weight. There was like a 25lbs change so the bike lost 25lbs..

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5703

1 - 20 of 21 Posts