Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday when I was doing a circle check before mounting my bike, droplets of water coming out both ends of the exhaust pipes. Got the bike last Nov. (2011 Nomad 1700 with about 6800kms.) I just put in about 800kms. so far. We're just beginning to get warmer weather here in Toronto. I'm averaging about 35-37 miles per gallon. Is this normal? I was told on cars it's a sign of a healthy engine. Anyone noticed this on their Nomads? Thanks for any inputs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I noticed yesterday when I was doing a circle check before mounting my bike, droplets of water coming out both ends of the exhaust pipes. Got the bike last Nov. (2011 Nomad 1700 with about 6800kms.) I just put in about 800kms. so far. We're just beginning to get warmer weather here in Toronto. I'm averaging about 35-37 miles per gallon. Is this normal? I was told on cars it's a sign of a healthy engine. Anyone noticed this on their Nomads? Thanks for any inputs.
I'm assuming the bike was running at the time. That's normal with any engine that you just start and let warm up. Check your vehicle the next time you start it and you will see the same thing

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I noticed yesterday when I was doing a circle check before mounting my bike, droplets of water coming out both ends of the exhaust pipes. Is this normal? I was told it's a sign of a healthy engine. Thanks for any inputs.
jb, when you get older you will see this more often than you care to acknowledge.. normal? healthy? hey anything is better than nothing. sometimes you don't even get droplets..

·
Registered
580 Posts
jb, when you get older you will see this more often than you care to acknowledge.. normal? healthy? hey anything is better than nothing. sometimes you don't even get droplets..
....and other times you just stand there twiddling your thumbs waiting patiently for them to stop :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 2011 does this more than any bike I've seen. Freaked me out at first. People on this forum put my fears to rest. Very normal condensation.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
My 2011 does this more than any bike I've seen. Freaked me out at first. People on this forum put my fears to rest. Very normal condensation.
wf,, they have just the opposite affect on me:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts