Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm posting for my brother-in-law. Last year he purchased an 08 vn900 that is stock. He is looking for after market exhaust, and wants a good beefy sound that in not deafening. He previously owned a C50 which had Vance and Hines Crusers and he LOVED those. Sadly they don't make the Crusers for the VN900. We both have a buddy that has a vulcan 800 that has the cobra fatty staggered pipes and that sound is great too. The problem is finding that sound for the 900. Any recommendations? The exhaust clips in the sticky post are helpful, but slightly deceiving because the sound is based on your computer speakers. Anyone have experience with these other pipes, and which set can he buy that will give him the best deep beefy sound, without the high pitch. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have cobra dragsters on mine. Not as loud as most Harley's, but gives a nice rumble and punch to cover up those vulcan noises.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have cobras also and liked the sound but improved on it by replacing the breather with a cobra power-flo. Wow what a difference. It now growls a deep throaty sound because of more air being drawn in. Be sure to use a FI200 fuel manager if you go with cobra.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have some Vance and Hines Slash-Cut Staggereds, Price was good on those pipes!! at the beginning i don't really love the sound... So I remove the baffles !!! shit very nice sound But to much!!! I talk about this to one old mechanic e own Harleys e explain me want to do and promise me it will sound like no one vulcan. I trust him and now I have a lot of compliment about the sound of my bike the like of the tread : http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27663

I have now more hole in the and of the baffle
and Like Vulcar my sound improve a lot with the cobra tuner and the air intake!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have cobras also and liked the sound but improved on it by replacing the breather with a cobra power-flo. Wow what a difference. It now growls a deep throaty sound because of more air being drawn in. Be sure to use a FI200 fuel manager if you go with cobra.
Vulcar, can you expound on what these actually do and how they affect the moto? Can there be drawback from the engine getting a different amount of air than it was allowed previously? I have pipes but neither of these other additions. Not familiar with them or what they do. Thanks...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have Freedom Performance & they sure sound a lot better than the stockers. Louder & even shoots flames on slow decel. But my bike is EU & pipes came w/out ports so I'm facing issues with FI lights & O2 sensors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts