Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a new 2012 900 classic lt. After talking with the dealer about some exhaust. They told me to run it stock for the break in period. Which I am ok with. I have started looking for some pipes for it. They had one with the Vance and Hindes slash cuts. I thought sounded good. I think it will be a little loud for what I want. Looking for suggestion.

I want a nice deep throaty sound that's not going to wake the neighborhood. If you know what I mean. I thought about just pulling the baffles. For me it hard to judge the sound on u tube video's. If I pull the baffle is there any damage to the pipes where the weld breaks off?? Do the people who have pulled the baffles do you end up buying new pipes anyways because it just doesn't sound good/right?? The ones on u tube where they just drill 4-5 holes to me sound like they just have an exhaust leak.

I was also thinking about adding a k&n filter or a hyper-charger. What's a good brand?? I asked the shop mechanic if I would need a fuel processor and he told me no I would not the computer can handle a different air cleaner and exhaust. Any thought or advice would be great. I just saw that cobra power flow air cleaner I like that.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
I put on Cobra Long Shots with Cobra Quiet Core baffles... Nice throaty deep rumble with no complains from the neighbors even though I leave for work at 5am... Running stock airbox with aftermarket chrome cover and no processor... Only an occasional pop. I get a lot of compliments on the sound of my motorcycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts