Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any feedback on mileage from these tires on the Voyager/Nomad? Any better than the terrible mileage from the stock Exedra's?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I put the max on when the stock tire wore out and got about 8500 ( 9000 at the most). Wouldn't get another one based on that. Recently put the Commander IIs on front and rear. Not enough miles on those to say how much better...but they can't be worse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that sucks. I was really hoping the mileage would improve considerably. So it looks like if I want to stick with the stock size tires, and have matching front and rear, the Exedra's are the only option out there, correct?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got 8000 out of the stock bridgestone. I have 3500 on the Max. Looking flat already. Probably wont get much better. Going with Comander 2's next. I'll be ready for both then.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not sure why you can't mix the stock front with a commander II. I would look into that, or maybee a Metzler 880. The michelin you have to do a 180 instead of a 170, but it fits fine. not sure on the metzlers, but I had several on my 03 Nomad go 13,000-15,000 miles

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not sure why you can't mix the stock front with a commander II. I would look into that, or maybee a Metzler 880. The michelin you have to do a 180 instead of a 170, but it fits fine. not sure on the metzlers, but I had several on my 03 Nomad go 13,000-15,000 miles

I have a Michelin 180/65/16 Bias on my 2009 Voyager it has about 3,000 km on it and there still is no evidence of a flat profile showing up on the center of the tire. I should have warmed it up good at least once as we put on 902 km in 11 hrs. I keep air pressure at 42lbs (cold) all the time My front tire is a inexpensive Bridgestone which only has 18,000 km on it. next year I will replace the front with a commander 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I was really hoping the mileage would improve considerably. So it looks like if I want to stick with the stock size tires, and have matching front and rear, the Exedra's are the only option out there, correct?
Yes that is correct. If you want to go to the mich.commander ll like other people have you may have a hard time finding a dealer or independent to put them on. Out here in the puget sound region I cannot find anyone who will put them on. Will put on "official" tire size.. Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I put the max on when the stock tire wore out and got about 8500 ( 9000 at the most). Wouldn't get another one based on that. Recently put the Commander IIs on front and rear. Not enough miles on those to say how much better...but they can't be worse.
You're complaining about 8500 miles on the stock stone? I got 5500 before it was square and down to wear bars on a Classic. Air pressure checked weekly. I ride the bike hard or I take the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes that is correct. If you want to go to the mich.commander ll like other people have you may have a hard time finding a dealer or independent to put them on. Out here in the puget sound region I cannot find anyone who will put them on. Will put on "official" tire size.. Kinda sucks.
Seriously? Your dealer won't put on the C-II?

Not only did my dealer order and install the 180/65 back tire for me, but when it was time to replace the front, they installed a C-II back tire on the front. Tread pattern is slightly different on the back tire, but the tread is much deeper.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2009 Voyager 1700 I have burnt up two stock rear tires 1 Metzler 1 Dunlop E3 1 Avon Venom, I now have a Michelin Commander 2 180/65/16 Bias on the rear 4.000 km and it still looks round. In an other 10,000 km (by Oct) I will post my opinion so far I am very happy with its performance.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
:)
Has anyone got any feedback on mileage from these tires on the Voyager/Nomad? Any better than the terrible mileage from the stock Exedra's?
I went with these Extedra Max when my original stock rear tire wore out at 7500 miles, sad to say these only lasted 7500 miles too.

I now have gone to the Commander II tires Front & Rear, love the handling and longer wear they are giving.

My Kawasaki Dealership DID install them and sold them to me too.

Run; 41psi Rear & 36 psi Front

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone know what the difference is between the Exedra G722E that the bike came with and the Exedra Max?
I think the Exedra Max has 2mm deeper tread in the center of the tire. Doesn't really make a difference as the tire becomes "square" after 3000-4000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the Exedra 180/70-16 after the stock tire was toasted at 7k. Bump in size did correct the speedo, but I only got 8k out of the Exedra, and it was really flattened out after 4k. Bit the bullet and went to the darkside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts