Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing new tires, chose the Excedra Max. After a 20 mile ride home from my shop very happy with my choice. Rides great, sticks in the corners again. Went out on a limb and decided to try the balance beads, even though we have balance equipment they seem to work well.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Have them on my V2K right now. Have a few thousand on them. They look like they are going to wear out at about the same rate as the rest that I've tried. (Battleax, ME880, Cobra). They were the cheapest. They handle OK.
The Cobra's seem to stick the best to me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put michlin commandr II on my vaquero after the bridgstones went out at 6400 miles for rear and front would have made about 9000 miles after 4000 miles they look new. Motorcycle super store has been the cheapest around.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I 've got the Exedra Max on mine, and I'm REALLY trying to watch it with the engine braking. I think that's what makes these heavy ass bikes eat up tires. So far it looks good, but I think I've only got 2000 mi. on the rear.

Seriously considering DS next time around>

Uh oh, hope I didn't just open that can.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I put michlin commandr II on my vaquero after the bridgstones went out at 6400 miles for rear and front would have made about 9000 miles after 4000 miles they look new. Motorcycle super store has been the cheapest around.
They do not make a 200/60/16. We V2K folks do not have as long of a selection of tires to choose from as most of the bike world. Bridgestone, Metz, Avon, Dunlop, and VeeRubber is all I can think of right off hand. Other than that is DS.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Luke!!

Come to the Darkside!! 8,700 miles and looks brand new, rides like a dream solo and 2up, I ain't going back. Give it a try, you worst thing is you lose $125.00 if you don't like it, haha. Happy trails!!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Whats up Smedlin!!

Hey buddy, hope you and the misses r doing well. Just a little skull to cover the hole, haha. Do you know if the ride for Houston Vulcans will happen??

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had the max's on mine, still have the front. It tends to drift a little on me. The rear is now a Michelin Pilot, 215/60-16. Only 100 miles or so on it, but no major surprises. The Max on the rear has a 3" wide flat worn all the way around. About a third worn in about 2000 miles, maybe 2500. The Border to Border ride planned for May will be about 5K miles and I do NOT want to have to replace a tire riding a road trip if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
just picked up a vee rubber vrm-302 twin rear. havent put it on yet, but my exedra max is spent. im averaging two rears a year, and at $150 i wont hurt me as much. id like to blame rough roads and a heavy bike, but truthfully i ride hard. some times you got to raise some hell on the roads. i am going to track mileage and wear on the vee for anyone that is interested. if it lasts over 5k ill be happy

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Vee Rubber 200/60/16 is around 4K, still looks good, hoping to top the ME 880's 7K. We're about to pull out of northeast TN, headed to Louisiana, appx 900 miles one way.
thats what i like to hear. i ended up finding it even cheaper and cancelled the first order. $117.00 with free shipping for the 200/60/16. i might start stockpiling these things.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
just picked up a vee rubber vrm-302 twin rear. havent put it on yet, but my exedra max is spent. im averaging two rears a year, and at $150 i wont hurt me as much. id like to blame rough roads and a heavy bike, but truthfully i ride hard. some times you got to raise some hell on the roads. i am going to track mileage and wear on the vee for anyone that is interested. if it lasts over 5k ill be happy
Sure, always interested to hear. My tire experience so far is that I get 5,000 miles, give or take, from a rear. Brand doesn't seem to matter, at least so far as Metzeler and Bridgestone go on the VN2K and as far as Continental, Michelin, and Dunlop go on my other bike. I get 5k, give or take, on rear tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Come to the Darkside!! 8,700 miles and looks brand new, rides like a dream solo and 2up, I ain't going back. Give it a try, you worst thing is you lose $125.00 if you don't like it, haha. Happy trails!!
street525

I really like your tire. Do you have to do any modification to fit it in? What size and brand is it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts