Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Ever seen a LEG BAG???

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  JohnnyV 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Something to consider: If you are in a high side accident, you will very likely land on that bag. If you have something metal, like a gun in it, it is going be be like hitting your hip with a sledge hammer rather than a rubber mallet. I high sided with my wallet in a pocket below the armor in the over pants I was wearing. Examining the pants afterward, the point of impact was at the hip armor, but the only injured area was further down where the wallet was. I had a very nasty, deep bruise the same size and shape of the wallet. A gun and clips would probably have broken my leg.

#5 ·
Seen the leg bag and seems very cool BUT, as a previous reply went, danger of bodily damage. Also seems awkward to reach while riding. And if your thigh is parallel to ground while riding you might lose yer grip on item to be retrieved.. just sayin... Ride safe, gear up

#9 ·
I've thought about setting something up to strap a holster to either my tank or the front of my saddlebags. I carry a 1911, not exactly the lightest pistol, and just have an OWB Bianchi holster that is relatively comfortable. An IWB holster is miserable to ride with. I'm not big into shoulder harness holsters but it might be a good choice because your mags are easily accessible. I keep a few mags in the bags but if I ever needed them quickly I'd be screwed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.