Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with euro gears and pulling a trailer?
For my normal riding the euro gears sound like something I would like, but I wonder about starting out with the extra weight of a trailer.
Would Starting out in second gear, be like euro gears and first

Dale

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 1 tooth larger front pulley and stock rear pulley on my 07 2000 LT and love it. I pull a Aspen Sentry tent trailer that is about 500-600lbs loaded and I weigh around 290 with the wife in there about 135 and I think its the perfect ratio for me. Now ditch the trailer and the wife and put me on the interstate and yes I want more gear but for pulling the trailer I like it.
I would think the euro gears may be a bit much for pulling but that's just me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1 tooth larger front pulley and stock rear pulley on my 07 2000 LT and love it. I pull a Aspen Sentry tent trailer that is about 500-600lbs loaded and I weigh around 290 with the wife in there about 135 and I think its the perfect ratio for me. Now ditch the trailer and the wife and put me on the interstate and yes I want more gear but for pulling the trailer I like it.
I would think the euro gears may be a bit much for pulling but that's just me.
that is what i was afraid of, too much gear for the wt.
where did you get it new front pulley from?

half of my riding is slow backroads, the other half is the super slabs.
thanks for your input.

·
Registered
114 Posts
that is what i was afraid of, too much gear for the wt.
where did you get it new front pulley from?

half of my riding is slow backroads, the other half is the super slabs.
thanks for your input.
I bought it from Myron Schneider, he builds front and rear pulleys for our bikes and is a super guy to deal with.
You can contact him at [email protected] or 701-321-9008.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts