Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the devil's work I tell ya. I've got a 1984 V45 Magna, when I am forced, yes, forced to put ethanol in it the bike randomly dies on me sometimes when I let off the throttle in 6th gear and then try to get back on the gas. It seems like it is losing a cylinder or two. I have to pull over and let the bike sit for a few minutes and then it will start back up. Well, I took my first long ride on my Vulcan today and I'll be damned if the bike didn't die in exactly the same manor after putting ethanol in it. Is there something that will counteract the effects of this devil's juice?

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I use this wonderful E10 gas we have now my bike started backfiring so I started using seafoam about a 1oz per tank full now no more problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I use this wonderful E10 gas we have now my bike started backfiring so I started using seafoam about a 1oz per tank full now no more problem.
Our great government will be boosting it to 15% eventually. Isn't that just wonderful? The people making these laws don't have to drive older vehicles like the rest of us. And I bet none of them drive bikes.

Ethanol and Oklahoma humidity is not a good mix. If I let my Magna sit overnight with ethanol in it she doesn't wanna start. I hope the Vulcan isn't the same way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Lets let the people stave so we can make moonshine for our cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tech that rebuilt my Magna tranny suggested PJ1 Octane Plus. Got me a bottle and gonna try it out tonight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
10% Ethanol

I had some simular problems with my 750 Vulcan from Ethanol - Mostly poor idle , running rich , stalling , an hard starting - - I drained my tank an added 1.5 gallons of pure 87 octane with ( 1 ) ounce of marine stabilizer for Ethanol an ( 1 ) ounce of Sea Foam - - Took about 15-20 minutes of idle time to get it flushed threw - - Then I reset both mixture screws at 1-3/4 turns out - - Sure starts easy an runs smooth now - - These motors really act up if you have the mixture too rich an they hate Ethanol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts