Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new two brothers exhaust and check engine light has been on ever since (installed 3 days ago). Bike runs fine. Used knew seals and installed 02 censor. Bike didn’t start first time once but started 2nd try. Other then that it’s been running totally normal. Any suggestions of what to do? Or I’ve read they can fix themselves after a few days! Or do I need fuel controller?

·
Super Moderator
3,867 Posts
All aftermarket exhaust manufacturers recommend some form of fuel management. But there have been posts on the forum that just an exhaust change hasn’t warranted any fuel modifications. Every time the ignition key is turned on the bike goes through a systems check. If the code is not a hard fault code, it is possible that the system check will reset the light. If there is a component or wiring issue present, it will not reset.
Would give it a little bit of time to see if it resets. If it doesn’t and you do not have a factory repair manual showing the procedures to check the oxygen sensor, post back here and I will get them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What bike is this? There are stored codes on most modern models. See pic regarding clearing codes.

CEL ERASING.jpg
Note: if the fault is not fixed the code cannot be cleared.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All aftermarket exhaust manufacturers recommend some form of fuel management. But there have been posts on the forum that just an exhaust change hasn’t warranted any fuel modifications. Every time the ignition key is turned on the bike goes through a systems check. If the code is not a hard fault code, it is possible that the system check will reset the light. If there is a component or wiring issue present, it will not reset.
Would give it a little bit of time to see if it resets. If it doesn’t and you do not have a factory repair manual showing the procedures to check the oxygen sensor, post back here and I will get them.
What bike is this? There are stored codes on most modern models. See pic regarding clearing codes.

View attachment 247672 Note: if the fault is not fixed the code cannot be cleared.
it is a brand new Vulcan s. I will try this tomorrow if it’s not raining.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

View attachment 247672 Note: if the fault is not fixed the code cannot be cleared.
Does this all have to be at the same time? I did it but think I didn’t do it enough! 2 times not 3 after initial start. Will I need to do it all again from beginning or will next 5-10 min ride above 40km be enough?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)

This really does suck! Tried to do it earlier today but only did it 2 times after first start! Then tried again and freaking stalled it on the 2nd lot of 5-10 mins. So I guess I gotta do it again! It’s takes 40 mins to reset! I’m sick of riding today!

·
Registered
'05 800B
2,004 Posts
hang in there, because there's always a fix for everything

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
658 Posts
The procedure does not have to be done back to back, when my engine light popped because I forgot to plug something in I took one ride and parked it back home, a couple weeks later when the weather cleared I rode to a destination and parked, when I left I started it and rode home. The next time I started it a week later the light was out. Each time I idled for at least 30 seconds before taking off and rode for at least the specified time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not all bikes have all codes/options. But the numbers and their respective codes are the same across every Kawasaki on earth.
KawiCodes.png

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys sorry for late reply to let you know what happened! The plug end of the censor was completely up attached (even when I didn’t touch that end) but after reconnecting it all reset snd it working fine now :)
Was weird coz it was only giving me o2heat senior code! I would have thought if the whole co2 censor was not attached it would give me heat censor and o2 censor faults! At least it all worked out though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would have thought it would be giving me code 67,83.94,95 not just 67 but yeah it’s sorted now

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
658 Posts
On a car when an oxygen sensor is unplugged often times it will also only throw a code for heater circuit as it cannot trust the reading it gives if the heater does not get it up to proper temperature so it typically ignores the signal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts