Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...just installed the new V&H Twin Slash slip-ons. Took bike out for test ride. All was good with normal rougher riding and some small popping etc that I was expecting after reading other posts here

Stage two was installing the EJK Gen3 this morning. Got it all hooked up, wires neatly tied away and controller mounted nicely under the seat. Started bike (to check and note default settings of EJK) and now am getting an Error 13 for a few seconds, then goes away.

I know the Error means "Inlet air temperature sensor malfunction, wiring open or short". I didn't think I knocked anything loose when hooking the clips to the injectors or when running the wiring under the tank area. Was very careful not to disturb any of the existing wiring that was in that area. All connections were also re-established when I was re-attaching the black molded air intake piece (the hose and the wire clip). Had a little bit of a time getting the hose reconnected even with tank lifted up some; just a tight space for more than one finger to get in there. But it is hooked up.

Needing an expert's advice as to what to look for here that I must be overlooking.

On a side note - I'm getting A LOT of decel popping in 2nd and 3rd gear in the 1900-1600 RPM range after the EJK install. (Had a smaller amount on the test ride before installing the EJK). So I'm sure I didn't get the gasket set right on the left side pipe when installing it. Right side gasket stayed in place; left side was fused to old pipe. I removed it as carefully as I could and put it back on new pipe. But I'm confident it isn't seating right. Not feeling an exhaust air movement at that joint, but still its a gut feeling

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
On a side note - I'm getting A LOT of decel popping in 2nd and 3rd gear in the 1900-1600 RPM range after the EJK install. (Had a smaller amount on the test ride before installing the EJK). So I'm sure I didn't get the gasket set right on the left side pipe when installing it. Right side gasket stayed in place; left side was fused to old pipe. I removed it as carefully as I could and put it back on new pipe. But I'm confident it isn't seating right. Not feeling an exhaust air movement at that joint, but still its a gut feeling
I can't help with the EJK issues, but as for the exhaust, you'll get popping until the EJK is completely tuned. Best way to test the gasket is with some soapy water. Get it really sudsed up and put it around the pipe, start the bike. You'll get bubbles if it's leaking.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered a pair of gaskets from partszilla this morning. Slight leak on left joint. Just going to replace both of them.

Will deal with continuing the decel pop issue once I get the pipes remounted

On side note....took dogbowl back off and checked for loose connections anywhere and found nothing. Put it all back together and The Error 13 has gone away...it's like Vulcan Magic

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Good news I guess, I always hate not knowing/ finding why something happens.. But hey it's all good now!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you there. I like to know rather than guess. Will look again with fresh eyes sometime next weekend. Busy with prepping to move my office on June 1 right now. Not a lot of bike time btwn now and then unfortunately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts