Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about ergonomics... I've had my Vulcan 900 Classic for almost two months now. I've heard others complain about the seat, but I find it quite comfortable. However, after riding for about an hour I find my neck and between my shoulders gets cramped and sore. It may just be bad posture, but I'm wondering if my handlebars are two far away. I can reach them easily, my arms are slightly bent, but I notice I tend to lean down to them while riding.

I'm hoping someone may understand from where the cramping occurs, what the problem may be ergonomically?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I did the same thing (leaning forward and on the bars) with my Sabre. Lots of tired aching shoulders and neck until I got risers. With the risers I got, I was sitting straight up, arms relaxed, elbows down. If you have to have your elbows away from your side, even if the distance is correct, the grips are not at the right angle for you and you will get shoulder and neck pain.

I don't know if I got lucky, or if this would work for someone else, but I just sat on the bike, made myself comfortable and held my hands at a height, distance, and angle that felt "right". The angle on the stock bars was good, so I measured the rise and pullback to get to that position and got risers to match. It worked out perfect for me. On a 7K cross country trip with quite a few long days of 600 - 800 miles, I had no issues with my neck or back.

I also found that having a backrest helped me to sit more upright and kept me that way on longer rides.

The Voyager is perfect for me as is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts