Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I purchased my 900 Classic (2008) in February and have put over 3000 miles on it through the winter. While running in the Missouri cold, I did not notice any heat coming off the engine until just recently when temps are starting to spike into the 80's. I am now noticing if I get stopped at a light for any length of time that I experience a lot of heat coming out of the engine, (much more than what I experienced with my Honda Spirit 750) but never hear the fan come on. Does the 900 produce a lot of heat before the fan comes on, or is this something I need to take it in for a check? I have not had any problems with it running bad, in fact, it purrs along much better than what I would have expected........ Is there any way to check if the fan is working or a fuse is blown?
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My fan hasn't turned on yet either. Usually a little later in may early June. However, you're bike is young and my fan ran much more often in the first year under 7000 miles then it did the next year. After it breaks in, unless you're just coming off the highway or its really hot out, the fan won't hardly run.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can make the fan run relatively easily -- first get the bike nicely warm and then let it idle for a while - just a few minutes max. It should kick in.

It happened to me for the first time when I was driving a longer distance (about 100 miles) and I lost my way a bit. I was asking some local dudes for directions and I left the bike idling in neutral. That was the first time I heard it come on.

But under normal riding conditions it doesn't come on at all for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts