Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Vulcan 750. The bike runs great for 30 to 40 minutes then stalls. When I try to start it, it seems like the battery is dead. After letting the bike cool down for about 15 minutes, it usually starts again. At first I thought it was a carburator problem. I had them professionally cleaned and syncronized. I replaced the battery twice.I'm stumped at this point. If anyone has any suggestions before I take it to the dealer and spend an arm and a leg, I would really appreciate your input.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had that from a R/R. Also check for POOGS. When it dies, open the gas cap and see if it starts. You should be able to test the stator and R/R when hot and failing using a DMM. IIRC you want 40-70 between each of the 3 stator phases and they should all be about the same. Shiggydiggy (Shindengen, lol) solid state R/R swap is one of the best things to do on the 750. Cheap and easy. Don't buy a kit. Get a used R/R from a sportbike and the plug kit on eBay.

It's a Furukawa 0.25" connector. You see jacked up $120 prices everywhere, but the components themselves are really cheap on ebay for the same authentic parts. It's just gouging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts