Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 1700 so maybe it is just the difference in bikes. However, I have a friend who is wanting to sell her bike. It has been sitting for a while and is very dirty. I rode it to my house tonight. I will be cleaning it up, checking it over and helping her sell it.

When I first started it up it kept kicking into a fast idle. If I blipped the throttle a little it would settle down. After riding it home (about 7 miles) it was idling normally. Is this intentional?

While idling in neutral it seems to have a lot more rattle than my 1700. The bike ran strong, had good power, etc. Oil level is normal. Anyone experience this?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fast idle upon start up is normal, the fuel injection system is doing it's thing, should idle down after a few minutes or about the time it takes to put your helmet and gloves on - if it's really dirty you may want to check the air filter - could be anything in there. 900's are pretty solid, if it runs good ride on!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Can you take a video of the rattle you're describing? The 900 is noisy. But it's tough to say, without hearing it, whether that's typical noise.

Fast idle at startup is normal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts