Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Vaquero and I just got back from the Tail of the Dragon, we rode about 1600 miles in the past 6 days. I'm getting a noise from somewhere in the front of the bike. It sounds like a "whirring" and is very loud from 2500 to 3200 RPMs in both 5th and 6th gears. Any ideas? Anyone had this happen?

I will be taking the bike to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Does whirring mean like a fan motor running sound?

Since it only occurs at those RPMs, I am thinking a loose trim piece in the fairing or tank trim. see if you can make the noise while in neutral and touch places on the fairing and tank to see if it stops. If you can't reproduce it while in neutral, do it while riding, but be careful to pay attention to riding while trying to isolate the noise.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this were a car, i'd think it was a water pump. It is only in 5th and 6th gears. I'm convinced it's either engine or transmission, but I have no clue. I do have a shudder in 5th and 6th, that is giving me a vibration.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Some have a noisy tranny in the higher gears, like a high pitched whine when you get up to speed. I bet it stops when you pull the clutch in. Mine does that and I've got 30,000 on it......just ride it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts