Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the manual for Voyager 1700, it indicates that when oil filter is removed it requires 4.3L, but when engine is completely dry 5.0L

So, which is it? When you change the oil does it drip out enough to remove the remaining .7L ? So do i count on requiring 5L ?

Was going to order some Amsoil, they come in 946ml containers or 3.78L bottles, so trying to figure out how much i should order.

Maybe i should get 3 of the 3.78L, give me 2 changes?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did my 6th oil change in november/18 at 5000 klm intervals. remember these 1700s have 2 drain plugs. when I drain mine I put a 2x4 under the side stand to get the bike more level then pull the drain plugs and take the oil filter off while the drain plugs are still out. then I pull the bike up off the side stand ( or you can sit on it ) and you can see more oil comming out of the drain holes. put the plugs back in with a new filter and put 5 ltrs of your favorite oil in. when I check the oil after a warm up, its always about a 1/4 of an inch under the full mark on the dipstick. one more thing. when you fill it with oil pour it in really slow or you might find that it will over flow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did my 6th oil change in november/18 at 5000 klm intervals. remember these 1700s have 2 drain plugs. when I drain mine I put a 2x4 under the side stand to get the bike more level then pull the drain plugs and take the oil filter off while the drain plugs are still out. then I pull the bike up off the side stand ( or you can sit on it ) and you can see more oil comming out of the drain holes. put the plugs back in with a new filter and put 5 ltrs of your favorite oil in. when I check the oil after a warm up, its always about a 1/4 of an inch under the full mark on the dipstick. one more thing. when you fill it with oil pour it in really slow or you might find that it will over flow.

Thanks. SO it does take 5 liters. OK then..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts